repairing shallow well jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Btglenn

Reaction score
Im cracking my failed pump open to take a look and I can't even get the diffuser off to inspect the impeller. I dont know if they are all similar but mine is a dayton 1.5 hp (Grainger's Brand). The diffuser is threaded so im assuming its screwed onto the shaft. Is there a normal procedure to remove it?. The directions just say "remove diffuser"

Let me know if pics will help. I dont want to break anything trying to get it off. I can't figure out a way to keep the shaft from moving freely so i can try and twist off the diffuser.

thanks

barron

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Barron,

What is the model of your pump ?

The Diffuser does not screw off, but may have screws holding it in, depends on pump.

If it has a screw on Impeller then you have to lock the motor shaft, to keep it from turning.

Some pumps use a shaft key, That is why your pump model is important.

I take it that that is a plastic pump ?

You provide little info, to get your question answered.

Have a great day.

DonL

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks