Search results

1. Hornnumb2

Shower remodel- door ideas

I had one tile guy out and he recommended a slider but isnt a 48in slider panels wider than (2) 24in panels so you have the 2 or 3in over lap in the middle.
  2. Hornnumb2

Shower remodel- door ideas

We are remodeling the shower, it’s a very small bath that is 4 x 7 1/2. The shower is on one side with toilet on the other. The shower is 4x3 with the door being on the 4ft side. Currently it has a 24in door with the awesome 50’s yellow tile. We plan to open the front up the full 48in but not...
  3. Hornnumb2

Vacuum pump to leak test?

Everything came out ok fixed 8 splits in the horizontal copper lines and air pressured the wall lines to find no leaks. Back up and running. Thankfully
  4. Hornnumb2

Copper to PEX adapters

Just like sweat fittings better, just don’t have the faith in sharkbites.
  5. Hornnumb2

Copper to PEX adapters

Is one of these better than the other? I have been using the brass ones but the cost difference quite significant. Thanks Michael
  6. Hornnumb2

Just trying to get half of the system back up for now, if I can test 40-50 ft at a time. I know I have some lines broke in the walls in the far end of the house because I heard the pop but if I can hopefully fix the first half that will get me kinda livable again. Thanks
  7. Hornnumb2

I am from Houston TX and we just had a major freeze for us. I know I have some breaks in the water line system that is made up of copper and some PEX. I need to isolate areas in sections so I can test for leaks. I have a a/c vacuum pump that I was thinking I could cut a section off from the...
  8. Hornnumb2

Pex at big box stores

I need to replace some galvanized pipe that runs to the kitchen sink, should I feel comfortable about what I can buy at home depot? Most of the rest of the house I have redone in copper but no way to snake it to this location. Thanks Michael
  9. Hornnumb2

Galvanized springing leaks.

In the past month I have had 2 pin holes in my galvanized water line in the attic. I live in Texas and I am trying to figure out how to make it last till its cooler in the attic. Does it get holes in horizontal runs more the vertical? Could I just redo the horizontal lines first and it last...
  10. Hornnumb2

Need to redo or not?

I have replaced most of the galvanized lines in my house except one bath and the kitchen sink with copper. I could see where I could snake some pex through the walls to get to the sinks. Is there any problem mixing the two and what kinda of mounting brackets are used under sinks? Thanks Michael
  11. Hornnumb2

Need to redo or not?

It just looked more copper color than brass...Thanks
  12. Hornnumb2

Need to redo or not?

My dad had a hole in his galv. water line yesterday, I replaced a 2 foot section with cpvc but on one end of the fix I used a copper / cpvc female adapter. Do I need to worry about remove that piece of copper from the line, the rest is still 1/2 in galv. Thanks Michael
  13. Hornnumb2

help running sewer line

could I come off the right side end past the toilet with the 3 in vent? That is where the 1 1/2 vent is through the roof need so I could just make that hole bigger instead of cutting a new one. Thanks Michael
  14. Hornnumb2

help running sewer line

Sorry about the terrible drawing, but the vent can come off the main line like this? Does the toilet vent come off the main line or is there a special fitting for it? I can connect all vents to the 3in through the roof? Thanks Michael
  15. Hornnumb2

help running sewer line

I am adding a bath in my gameroom and need some help with the sewer line/ vent setup. This room had a toilet at its current location with a 1 1/2 in vent come up the wall on the right side of toilet. I would like to add the tub and the 2 sinks. I have the slab busted and the 4 in line exposed it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks