Search results

1. rkhanso

Water Softener trouble - fix or go with new?

I have a Kenmore softener that I installed about 5 years ago (bought it new). It replaced an older Kenmore softener that quit working. I chose another Kenmore since the plastic bypass valve that was used would fit into the new softener and no changes there were required on hook-up. Though, I...
  2. rkhanso

Kenmore Softener worked for 2 years, now salt tank full of water

In installed the kenmore softener new a couple years ago. It replaced an older Kenmore softener. I stuck with Kenmore since the shutoff/connections are the same from the old to the new for an easy install. It's been working great until recently. I noticed the salt tank full of water. Yes, I've...
  3. rkhanso

Softener appears to be working, but no soft water

We just moved to a house that has a Kenmore Water Softener - on City Water. I know they are not very high quality. We did have one a number of years ago that I was able to put a kit in to get that softener working again. I'm struggling to find the cause of no soft water on this softener...
  4. rkhanso

Water in the drain tube

I have a greensand filter and just noticed that there is water in the drain tube. I've seen this a few times over the last 2weeks when I've checked...but can't say for sure it happens all the time. The entire hose length is filled with water. This is the drain hose from the filter, not the...
  5. rkhanso

"proper" method of bullnose around tub/shower surround?

I am putting some 4.25" ceramic tile above the tub/shower surround in my kids' bathroom. I was wondering what the standard or proper way to align the bullnose in respects to everything else. The bullnose I have is 6" tall, not 4.25" Does the bullnose start with a full piece at the ceiling and...
  6. rkhanso

Trouble with greensand filter not drawing in Potassium Permanganate

I searched the form, but got so many results that weren't relevant - I have to say my search wasn't very good. I'm a homeowner, not a plumber. Though, I did successfully install the greensand filter myself. I have a greensand filter, have had it a little over 1 year. The tank has a Fleck 2510...
  7. rkhanso

Weird "alternative" to sanitizing the well

I was snowblowing the neighbor's driveway a few weeks ago and we started about things we're doing. I mentioned that I was going to sanitize my well because of the rotten egg smell. He said he had a product for me and I didn't have to pay him unless it worked and I wanted to keep it. Being...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks