Search results

1. Spta97

Baseboard Heater Installation Question

I am installing a baseboard heater in a downstairs bathroom and had a few questions which I'm hoping to get some help: 1) Pipe Diameter - I currently have 1/2" copper as the feed/return - is it ok to use 1/2" PEX from the copper to the baseboard or should I go to 3/4" due to the smaller ID...
  2. Spta97

Which wax ring?

I searched and could not find a clear answer. I have a toilet to install in my remodeled bathroom. The flange is sitting on top of the finished tile floor as it should and will be bolted down before the toilet goes in. Upstairs I used a was ring with the horn as I was told it is better (no...
  3. Spta97

Toilet Flange too High

I am having a plumber relocate my washing machine so it is in the adjacent room next to my dryer. For the drain he is tying the waste pipe into and existing toilet drain in another adjacent room. He just discovered that the toilet drain is about 2" high (right under the cement) which will mean...
  4. Spta97

Infared Bathroom Heater

Hi All, I'm looking to get an infared bathroom heater and wanted to see if anyone has any advice on which models are best. I just want a simple one that I can install right outside the shower to take the nip out of those really cold nights. I already have a bathroom fan so I am not looking...
  5. Spta97

Need help with a toilet supply line repair

Hi everyone, I was looking for some assistance repairing a toilet supply line. I remodeled my bathroom a few years ago and used PEX to replace the bendable copper that was in there before (weaving through the uneven stud spaces). As per the plumbing supply place, I terminated the PEX at a 90...
  6. Spta97

Can Teflon tape (PTFE) cause leaks on compression fittings?

I learned from reading some posts that Teflon tape was not required on stainless steel braided lines with compression fittings. What I'm not sure about is can it actually cause leaks? Since this is new information to me I have a few stainless steel supply lines on which Teflon tape is...
  7. Spta97

Broke My Sprinkler System Trying to Fix it

Hi all, I know nothing about sprinklers systems other than what I found on the internet last night so I am hoping someone can provide me some guidance. My old sprinkler system was bubbling at one of the heads when the system was off and I found that the cause could be a blocked valve. I...
  8. Spta97

Baseboard Heater Issue

Hi everyone, I have the old style baseboard heaters in my house in rooms that I have not remodeled yet: They had the old bleeder valves so I installed new ones: Honeywell YHFV180s (the gold round air bleeder in the picture). Anyway, I have always had problems with this one particular...
  9. Spta97

Hot water issues

Hey everyone, I have a Weil-McLain oil furnace that provides heat (hot water through radiators) and hot water. I do not have a separate hot water tank (there is a small tank on top of it), nor do I really have the room for one. When using one device (say a sink) the volume of hot water is...
  10. Spta97

Threaded Tub Spout Nipple

Hi everyone, I got to the point of installing fixtures in my tub / shower and found that the brass nipple I had for my tub spout was too long - well not actually too long it was perfect according to the kohler instructions, but the threads were only on the end of the pipe and the flaring of...
  11. Spta97

Leak at ball valve nut

Hi all, I had to rerun the copper lines to my bathroom and was replacing the old bendable copper pipe so I had to do a lot of close-quarter fittings in the ceiling to get the pipe to go where I needed it to - it was a complete nightmare (I didn't know about the heatsink trick at the time)...
  12. Spta97

Kohler Class 6 vs Pressure Lite

Hi everyone, I purchased a Kohler Class 5 toilet a few months ago and just got around to installing it today as the other parts of my remodel took longer than I thought. Anyway, I was apauled at the lack of performance of it (does not clean the bowl) and found out that many other people had...
  13. Spta97

Copper toilet flange into cast iron pipe issue

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get some advice on what appears to be a unique setup. I have a cast iron waste pipe but the flange is copper (house is built in the 1950's). I recently put down the new tile floor and the underlayment was thinner than the old mud floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks