Search results

1. XR4ti

Mounting RPZA to deck joist

Hello, I'm a over a year away from my irrigation project, however I am finishing my basement this spring so I want to get my irrigation supply line and control wiring in place before the ceiling is closed up. The front and sides of the house are cultured stone, so I would prefer to punch...
  2. XR4ti

Double wye used for double vanity

Hello everyone - I've been visiting my new home daily as construction progresses, and the rough plumbing started last week. I noticed that they have used double wye's in the upstairs bathrooms, both slated for double vanities. I have seen and used the double fixture fitting in past projects...
  3. XR4ti

Survivors, Victim's Family Sue Furnace Installation Company

Back in November, the whole house was leveled by a huge explosion. Focus turned immediately to the HVAC contractor since the furnace was replaced days before. The lawsuit photos show the drip leg was disconnected, and laying on the ground. Wonder if that worked itself loose, or was left off...
  4. XR4ti

Running Fiber (optic cable) Through the Sewers

This was interesting to read.... http://www.governing.com/topics/technology/Quincy-Running-Fiber-Through-the-Sewers.html This week, two streets in the river town of Quincy, Ill., will become different than all others -- under the surface, that is. The town is testing the option to run a...
  5. XR4ti

Extra blocking on engineered joists, no drill zone?

I've opened the floor in my master bath where this Rehau pex needs to be split up to accomodate an incoming double vanity. This portion of the bath is on a 2' overhang. (Where the insulation is seen. On the portion that overhangs, there seems to be 3/4" blocking stapled to the engineered...
  6. XR4ti

CPVC to outdoor sill faucet

I ordered a Moen outdoor hot/cold sill faucet that will be arriving soon. It's apparently set up to accept 1/2" copper sweat connections. What would be the best way to connect this to existing CPVC? I see Sharkbite mentioned a lot, but I'm open to alternative ideas.. I think the two copper...
  7. XR4ti

New construction observations

I was walking through a relatives home in Michigan that's under construction.. Is the fixture correct on the double vanity? The 'arms' of it look a little smaller than a double fixture fitting.. There are sanitary tee's used sideways for the venting in the attic space, is that legal?
  8. XR4ti

Yet another single to double vanity post

Hello - I am considering switching to a double vanity, so I opened up my wall a bit to see how the lav drains currently. The lav drains 4 feet to the left into a sani-tee which vents up to the attic, and I assume it is also a wet vent for the toilet. I made a hand drawing of what I'm...
  9. XR4ti

First post - photos of basement DWV project

Hello, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I thought I'd share a couple photos of a DWV project. After a lot of research, I ended up hiring a plumber to do the work, instead doing the whole thing DIY. (Actually I bartered some computer work / wireless networking, so it ended up being...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks