Yet another single to double vanity post

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by xr4ti, Apr 7, 2009.

1. xr4ti

xr4ti New Member

Hello -

I am considering switching to a double vanity, so I opened up my wall a bit to see how the lav drains currently.

The lav drains 4 feet to the left into a sani-tee which vents up to the attic, and I assume it is also a wet vent for the toilet.

I made a hand drawing of what I'm guessing should be the proper way to drain the double vanity. I move the current sani-tee down slightly, and utilize a double fixture fitting.

Does this seem right for code in Wisconsin?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  2. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

It looks good to me.

[​IMG]
    Here's your gold star
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Go for it!
  4. SewerRatz

Its nice to see some people learn the right way to do things... and ask before doing the deed.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Yep, This guy clearly did his homework!
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

lavs

Finally, someone who wants to do it correctly. However, you do not have to go all the way to the midpoint between them. Just far enough past the first one to make the connection is all that is needed.
  7. xr4ti

xr4ti New Member

Thanks for the feedback, all.
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Not really

XR4TI? Does that mean you have, or had, a Mercur?
  9. SewerRatz

LOL Terry thanks, I was never one to get gold stars as a kid.
  10. xr4ti

xr4ti New Member

Yep, in the past. What was I thinking? :)
  11. xr4ti

xr4ti New Member

A quick update to this...

I forgot to note that the existing sani-tee is 2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2". All of the double fixture fittings I see are 2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2".

I don't believe I can run 2" to the bottom of the new fitting, because I'm working with a 2x6 exterior wall, and drilling for a 2" pipe would exceed the 40% rule on drilling holes through the studs..

Is there such thing as a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" double fixture fitting? Just wondering if anyone here has an idea how I could revise this to make it workable. What comes to mind is reducing the bottom of the fixture to 1-1/2" with a bushing.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  12. iminaquagmire

iminaquagmire DIY Senior Member

There is no all 1 1/2" double fixture fitting. Unless the stack which you're tying into is 1 1/2" (which would be odd around here) just use 2" back. The issue with the 40% rule can be solved with stud shoes.

[​IMG]