Search results

1. Dberryco

Anti-freeze valve

The top is just a garden hose and it currently drains just fine when I open the manual valve at the bottom. I'm just trying to save having to drive or trudge down the hill every time I need water.
  2. Dberryco

Anti-freeze valve

Cool. This is auxiliary water for washing the vehicles, watering the plants or to fill up hot tubs and such. Hasn't been a big deal, but it's nice to have a 2nd source of water.
  3. Dberryco

Anti-freeze valve

I'm pumping water thru a 500' feet of black plastic 3/4" pipe up a hill with 100' of elevation. In the summer, it works just fine leaving the water in the pipe, but in winter it would freeze. Based on what you guys are saying, it looks like I can T the pipe near the pump with a "normally open"...
  4. Dberryco

Anti-freeze valve

I wanted to avoid having to trudge 1000' thru snow to do that. It's at the bottom of a mountain.
  5. Dberryco

Anti-freeze valve

That sounds like what I'm looking for. How do you use one? I plumbed my own house so I do have some knowledge, just have never seen one before.
  6. Dberryco

Anti-freeze valve

I'm pumping water up a hill and would like it to drain back when my pump is off so that the pipe doesn't freeze. Is there a mechanical valve that will do this? I know I can drill a small hole near the pump to do the same thing, but that is not my preferred solution. Thanks!
  7. Dberryco

Need a valve, not sure what it is called.

Could you post a link to a product so I can get an idea of what you are talking about?
  8. Dberryco

Need a valve, not sure what it is called.

I'm looking for a mechanical valve that will close when pressure is applied and open when not. I have a typical well pump (220v) installed in an underground cistern that is fed by a natural spring. I have to pump water about 500' up a hill for livestock. During the winter, if I don't drain...
  9. Dberryco

Studer vent at high altitude.

I agree a real vent is the solution. Fortunately we don't have any smells. This isn't high on our list as we have limited time to build and are working on our garage. If we could just get it to work til winter when we can't work outside that would be great.
  10. Dberryco

My toilet gives a big burp after flushing which it didn't do before with the original studer valve.
  11. Dberryco

I'm rural and using a septic system. The model is Studor 20302 Maxi-Vent 3-Inch to 4-Inch Air Admittance Valve
  12. Dberryco

I've tried 3 different studer vents and none are working properly. I'm at 9000 feet elevation and am wondering if that could be the problem as these things might be calibrated for sea level. Any tips or clues
  13. Dberryco

Pitless question.

I just had a thought. Would it be worthwhile to drop a camera down the pipe to see if I can get a good picture of it?
  14. Dberryco

Pitless question.

While that is an option, I would have to dig a pit 10' deep and several feet wide to do that. If I can find a compatible pitless adapter part, it would be a 15 minute job vs. one that could take a couple days. I'm wondering if they installed a 1 1/4" (pipe) pitless. The one I bought is 1"...
  15. Dberryco

Pitless question.

Hi all, I had a well drilled for a new house and the company went out of business. I'm trying to connect the pitless drop to the already installed pitless in the well casing. The one I bought has a 2" wide blade, but it looks like the one installed needs a 2 1/2" blade. Any ideas about what...
  16. Dberryco

Radiant heat floor puzzle.

I have the spirovent and expansion tank on the suction side of the pump. I'll try tomorrow to move it to the pressure side and see if that clears it up. Sounds very likely to be the problem. Thanks!
  17. Dberryco

A Renaii 200K btu tankless heater. This doesn't seem to be the problem as I have turned it off during most of my troubleshooting. IE. bypassed it.
  18. Dberryco

Still no joy. I replaced my air eliminator with a spirovent. I can't seem to eliminate the air in my system. I now think maybe PEX isn't suitable for suction applications. Maybe I'll just replace all the pex with copper. I may call a plumber that specializes in radiant floor heating. I've...
  19. Dberryco

I ordered a new spirovent and will be here friday. I found that my old one was leaking. I'll post a follow-up in a few days either way. I'm pressing on with wiring at the moment since I've already passed my rough plumbing inspection. I was fortunate that my no-name (looks like a riefeng)...
  20. Dberryco

This is helping. Air IS getting sucked in. I'm 99% sure of that. And the 2 replies have given me an idea it's the air eliminator or it's connection to the manifold. I'll be checking it today to confirm. Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks