Search results

1. remodelingit

Toto Carlyle - trickle sound after flush

Just installed a Toto Carlyle with a 10" unifit. After each flush, a sound of trickling water can be heard for about 5 seconds. It sounds like a very small amount of water from the p-trap is draining. Is this normal? It's not a performance issue, just a minor nuisance. Thanks for the...
  2. remodelingit

Shower head arm female thread - best way to plumb

I'm installing a Kohler shower valve and head assembly (from their designer line). The shower head arm has a 1/2" female thread where most shower head arms have a male thread. I'm still in the rough in stage so I have flexibility with how it gets mounted. Question: What fitting should I...
  3. remodelingit

Roughing in Kohler 304 Shower Valve

Does anyone know if the outside rim of the plaster guard needs to be absolutely flush with the finished wall? We haven't settled on tile yet so we don't know what the wall thickness will be. Seems to me that Kohler trims provide flexibility for this but their instructions are not all that clear...
  4. remodelingit

Shower valve with separate diverter valve question

I'm building a shower with 1 main shower head and ceiling mounted rain head. I want the ability to turn either head on separately or both simultaneously. I'm using Kohler valves and trim. Here is the set-up I'm thinking of: Water pressure - stellar (not exactly sure what it is but can...
  5. remodelingit

Uneven hot and cold flow after valve replacement

Just finished replacing valves in price pfister tub and shower valve assembly with independent hot and cold valves with tub and shower diverter valve. It looks like a pretty standard unit- I bout the valves at the orange box. Issue: I have to open the hot water valve a couple of rotations to...
  6. remodelingit

Shimming a toilet - best way

Just installed a Toto Ultramax- best toilet ever. It rocks a bit since the tile isn't exactly level- probably 1/16" to 1/32" off. What is the best way to shim a toilet to keep it from rocking? What is the best material to do so? Thanks JPB
  7. remodelingit

Cleanout on 3" drain line

I'm remodeling a bathroom that involves a complete rearrangement of the plumbing. Thanks to others in this forum, I have the configuration nailed down. I need to install a cleanout, however I cannot place it at the end of the line since the toilet drain is there (long sweep 3" elbow). I...
  8. remodelingit

Square Shower Drain

Remodeling a contemporary master bath and would like to use a square stainless steel drain strainer. Anyone know where I can get one or who manufactures one? Thanks in advance.
  9. remodelingit

Plumbing Remodel Configuration: advice/feedback needed

I am remodeling our master bath and would appreciate some advice/feedback on my proposed plumbing configuration. My picture below depicts the configuration I have come up with after doing a fair amount of research including reviews of others' questions on this board. The facts of my...
  10. remodelingit

Toto Unifit - looking for tips and advice

I'm remodeling a bathroom and have to use a toilet with a 10" rough-in and want to buy a Toto (probably the Carlisle). Do any of you experienced hands have some advice for me before I head down this route? Any problems with the Unifit system, epecially the 10"? Any installation tips? BTW-...
  11. remodelingit

Cast Iron: Cutting and joining to PVC

Two questions regarding my cast iron drain line: 1: What is the best way to cut a 3" cast iron drain in the crawl space(15"). A sawsall seams to be the logical and most efficient way, but I'm not sure what blade to use. Or should I rent a chain cutter. 2: What is the best method for...
  12. remodelingit

Bath remodel - venting questions

I am in the process of remodeling our bathroom which involves a full reconfiguration of the shower and toilet drain and vent systems. Our house is on a pier and beam foundation with 15" of crawl space. I have several questions and have included a picture below to help articulate the scenario...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks