Search results

1. Drick

Rebuilding a Cistern Roof - need ideas.

I have a 10ftx10ft cistern that is used for irrigation only. It has a flat roof constructed out of 2x8's, trex decking and an EPDM roofing membrane over that. There is no ventilation into the cistern which kept the light and bugs out and mostly kept it from freezing during the winter, but...
  2. Drick

Drill deeper?

I have a 320 foot deep well (static level is 6 feet) that produces 2 gpm. The well is used for domestic and irrigation. The well is inadequate for my irrigation needs so I'm looking at locating more water. I have two options: drill deeper and hope I find more water OR redirect the overflow...
  3. Drick

Hills and backflow preventers.

I have a 7 foot hill that rises up behind my house. I will be landscaping it soon and I'd like to add sprinklers. I already have an irrigation system for my front yard and would like to tap into it. Can I use my existing backflow preventer which is essentially at the bottom of the hill? Or do...
  4. Drick

Foundation cracks

I have a 5 year old house with an attached garage. The foundation supporting the garage has developed 5 cracks - 4 in the last year. The four most recent cracks are hairline. The fifth is larger, about big enough to get the tip of a pen in. All seem to be growing. Three are spaced about 2 feet...
  5. Drick

Mommy I flushed the puppy

I saw this and I thought I'd share. This is a video of a puppy being recovered from a pipe 20 yards away from the house after accidentally being flushed by a 4 year old. They use the CCTV camera to push the dog out to a manhole in the street where someone is waiting to grab it. The dog turns...
  6. Drick

120V walkway lights linstallation

I have a half dozen 120V 3 tier pagoda lights I'd like to install along a new walkway what I am building. I guess the question to you is how would you do this? I could run 1/2 inch SCH 40 between buried bell boxes and mount the light on top of a relatively short pipe nipple off of the bell...
  7. Drick

Subpanel Grounding

I am installing a subpanel next to my main panel as I am running out of breaker space. The house is only 3 years old, but the electrician only put in a 32 space panel. Anyway, I connected my subpanel to the main panel with a short length of 2 inch diameter EMT with compression fittings rated...
  8. Drick

PVC conduit for residential install

I need to add some outlets in my unfinished portion of the basement and add a subpanel next to my main panel. Is PVC okay to use indoors a residential situation? I can bend pipe, but I'm slower at it and often its not the best looking. -rick
  9. Drick

Two pumps feeding 1 irrigation system?

I have a 375 foot deep 6 inch diameter well producing 2 gpm. The pump is a 1/2 HP rated at 5 GPM. The static water level is 6 feet below the top of the well. Its not great, but it provides all the water for my 4 bedroom house plus irrigation for 20,000 square feet of grass. This all works ok...
  10. Drick

Drill or Filter, what would you do?

I have a 3 year old 6 inch 375 foot drilled will producing 2 GPM. The iron content started off low 0.1ppm, the second year it was 2.4ppm, and it reached 13ppm the third year. I assumed the casing seal into the bedrock had failed as it the water quality seemed to be worse when it rained so I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks