Search results

1. Nin28

Water Softener Drainage Pump

The house that I own had a Culligan water softener previously installed. There is a 1/2 in flexible tube hanging next to where it used to be that runs along the ceiling and into our home's drainage. I would like to re-use this for a new water softener and I'm guessing that it was once attached...
  2. Nin28

Leaking Delta Shower/Tub Spout

The spout on my tub spout continues to drip even after replacing the Delta valve cartridge. Any ideas what could be wrong that would result in the dripping?
  3. Nin28

Furnace Starts up Choppy

I have a furnace that when its starting up it is very choppy but then eventually gets going and runs normally. I hear the burner turning on and off and smell diesel afterward. I've tried bleeding the line of air and no air really comes out, just the flow of fuel stops and then starts up again. I...
  4. Nin28

Installing Dampers in Existing Ductwork

I have a forced air furnace that supplies pretty much all of the hot air to our utility room and office space on the 1st floor. Our bedrooms on the 2nd floor get a cool soft breeze of air. I want to install 2 dampers on the ducts feeding the 1st floor of my house so that pretty much the majority...
  5. Nin28

Possible Water in Oil Tank

Last year I had a whole bunch of issue where my furnace would periodically stop working when it got very cold. I had a bunch of furnace guys come out and the final consensus was that the fuel feed was partially clogged and had to be replaced. They would replace the 1/4" with 1/2" copper. The...
  6. Nin28

Wall Window A/C Condensation Doesn't Drain

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I've had luck here before so here goes: my wall air conditioner does not drain the condensation at all. Somehow it got clogged. It's a small unit, Maytag/Fedders m6x06f2a, and only cools our 10x12 room. Any general ideas on how to...
  7. Nin28

Bathroom Sink "Gurgling"

I have a bathroom sink that after running the water for a minute or two will gurgle after the faucet is turned off. The sink drains perfectly fine. Is this an indication of something in the future that could go bad? Thank you.
  8. Nin28

Toilet Flange Installation

I'm about to install a new flange/pipe in my bathroom and have a question about installation. Right now I have a 3/4" plywood subfloor. I'm going to put 1/2 inch Wonderboard down, and then a layer of tile. At which layer of floor should the flange be installed? I was thinking that I would attach...
  9. Nin28

Connecting Tub Drain to Waste Pipe

I've just installed a new tub and I'm having difficulty connecting the piping from the tub drain to the waste pipe that rest below it. Previously the 2 pipes we're connected by a flexi-tailpiece, however, the new PVC configuration comes much lower, and I can't get a flexi-tailpiece to connect...
  10. Nin28

Toilet waste pipe replacement

I'm redoing my bathroom and trying to figure out how to replace my toilet waste pipe. The flange is attached to a black pipe (unsure of the material), which runs into a cast iron hubbed fitting. I am unsure if I can just cut the pipe that is running off of the cast iron pipe and then use a...
  11. Nin28

SharkBite connectors

Has anyone ever used SharkBite connectors for copper tubing. If so, what do you think and have you used them for a long period of time? Thank you.
  12. Nin28

Pressurized Expansion Tank filling up

I have a pressurized expansion tank installed after my hot water heater. The tank now has filled up with water and is now leaking. Question 1: Is it installed in the correct spot? Question 2: Can I just go out, buy a new one, and put it back into place? Are there any adjustments to make? Thank you.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks