Search results

1. Mattbee24

Deck Light

Ok....this is weird. I was on the deck at a friends house. There are 2 gfi's and a switch running to a light. They are all connected with pvc conduit. When the center gfi is on, the light won't turn on. But if you trip the gfi, the light will work. I didn't take anything apart to see how it is...
  2. Mattbee24

American Standard heaters

Has anyone here had any experience with American Standard residential water heaters? They are fairly new to the market. We have been using their commercial water heaters for some time now and haven't had any problems. We currently carry Bradford-White. They are great heaters, but we are a small...
  3. Mattbee24

expansion joints

I am Putting a sidewalk Around the deck and side of my house. I am doing it in small sections (8ft) at a time. I was wondering if I need to put expansion joints in between each pour since technically each pour will be between 2 structures. Thank You. P.S. Iknow it would be a lot easier to...
  4. Mattbee24

timed pressure switch

I have a customer that uses an old 6" well to fill up tankers. He has a 100gpm pump in the well with 2" line feeding the tankers. The problem is the pump is too much for the well recovery rate. He runs out of water, then about 20 min. later he can resume pumping. He is looking for a low water...
  5. Mattbee24

pressure switch question

I have a customer who just replaced a pressure switch on a shallow well jet pump. The old switch was turning on/off during the cycle. He replaced it with a new switch and it worked fine for about a week. Now the new one will turn on/off real quick when it first turns the pump on then work fine...
  6. Mattbee24

MAPP Gas

I have heard recently from a few people that mapp gas will not be sold much longer. I can't find any info on this and was wondering if anyone else has heard this. Thanks, Matt
  7. Mattbee24

series 20 zone valves

I have a customer who is trying to replace all of the thermostats in a motel. It is hot water heat only. All of the rooms are on zone valves. The zone valves are the old power open/power close series 20 valves. Iknow I can use thermostats specifically for this, but they are a little...
  8. Mattbee24

flourescent disconnect

So what's the deal with the new code about all double ended light fixtures having to have a disconnect?
  9. Mattbee24

softner gurus

I have a Cuno one-step softner at my house. Cuno has discontinued this softner and are now discontinuing many of the parts. It is only about 3 years old and is out of warranty (go figure). It is currently working fine, but I would like to change it out before something goes wrong and I am stuck...
  10. Mattbee24

800a service

Not sure if anyone can help, but here it goes. I have a customer who is installing an 800a commercial service. He ran (2)500mcm copper wires for each leg of the service out of the ct cabinet and up the mast for the power company's (AEP) connection. Now they are telling him he needs to get 4"x8"...
  11. Mattbee24

Clack softener heads

I know it has been discussed before, but I have a couple of questions anyways. We are a distributor of Maclean (Cuno) water conditioners. They are now offering Clack heads on some of their equipment. It looks like the Clack heads are simular to Cuno's "one Step" heads that we have had nothing...
  12. Mattbee24

pump recommendations

I have a customer who owns a golf course. He uses a pond for a good portion of his irrigation. He has a well with an 8" casing that he uses to refill the pond. It has been working great for a long time this way. We haven't had any rain here for about a month now, and the pump he has been...
  13. Mattbee24

Bradford white pilot tube

Is there anyone out there who has had to replace the pilot line on a newer bradford white water heater? Bradford white won't sell the pilot line seperate, you have to buy the whole pilot assembly. It is and 1/8" od pilot tube with an 1/8" breakaway fitting on one side, and a 1/4 x 1/8 on the...
  14. Mattbee24

Gerber Avalanche

Has anyone tried the Gerber Avalanche model 21-818? I am getting ready to place a stock order and was thinking of trying a few of these. They are a gravity toilet with a 3" flush valve. They are suppose to do approx. 1000g bulk waste. Also, we have carried the Gerber "Aqua Saver" toilet for...
  15. Mattbee24

Tubing cutter

Has anyone heard of or seen a battery powered tubing cutter, or an adapter to fit in a drill?
  16. Mattbee24

boiler manifold

I was just wondering if you guys have a preference on manifolds used for floor heating systems. We usually just make up manifolds, but in this case, the customer has 17 supply and return loops all on one zone. All the loops are approx. 300ft runs of 1/2" pex pipe in a concrete floor. I would...
  17. Mattbee24

plumbing code book

I have a customer who is looking for a plumbing code reference book. I was just wondering if any of you have any recomendations.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks