series 20 zone valves

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by mattbee24, Apr 1, 2008.

1. mattbee24

mattbee24 In the Trades

I have a customer who is trying to replace all of the thermostats in a motel. It is hot water heat only. All of the rooms are on zone valves. The zone valves are the old power open/power close series 20 valves. Iknow I can use thermostats specifically for this, but they are a little fancier/complicated than the owner wants to let the customers deal with. I was just wondering if I could just use a simple heat pump thermostat to do the same thing. I am assuming I can because they have the o/b terminal. But most don't say specifically that they can be used for this purpose. Can anyone shed any light?

P.S. He is looking for the most basic digital non-programable thermostat he can find. Something the customers can't screw up too much.

Thanks,
    Matt