plumbing code book

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mattbee24, Mar 29, 2007.

1. mattbee24

mattbee24 In the Trades

I have a customer who is looking for a plumbing code reference book. I was just wondering if any of you have any recomendations.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

book

Why does he want it? If for code questions, then he needs the one for your area, along with any local amendments the building department has added. Therefore, the local building department is usually a good source for it.
  3. mattbee24

mattbee24 In the Trades

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I told him, but I was just making sure there wasn't a general reference out there somewhere.
  4. OldPete

OldPete DIY Senior Member

5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

Check the reference desk at your local library. They usually have the applicable code books on hand.
  7. dubldare

dubldare Plumber/Gasfitter

8. prashster

prashster New Member

If he's a homeowner, I'd start with the Codecheck series. It's written in layman terms. However, I wouldn't do ANYTHING before showing your design and plans to your inspector.

If yr not planning to get the deal inspected, then you should read and learn the UPC. Plumbeat Emptor.