Search results

1. bang0r

Newbie question... what type of coupler is this?

Hi, All. I find this coupler between the water filter and the dispenser leaking (see picture); and the OD measured 0.25 inch and 0.366 inch. What is this part call? Thanks in advance. --Wyn
  2. bang0r

Recirulation pump timer wiring and placement question

Hello. My home just under went a re-pipe and hot water re-circulation system installation by a re-piping company, and is awaiting final inspection. I am a bit concern about the placement of the timer which is plugged into the nearest outlet located next to the heater (see picture attached;) as...
  3. bang0r

Remedy for slow leak under pop-up assembly of Pfister Ladera LF-049-LR

Hi, I installed a Pfister Ladera LF-049-LR faucet/drain in my bathroom 2 days ago, and have noticed a slow leak in the pop-up assembly area under the sink (picture 1). I would like to check with the forum, assuming no manufacturer defects, that beside taking the pop-up out and re-tightening...
  4. bang0r

Yet anther newbie question - Moen kitchen facuet drip repair

Hi, All. I would like to repair a dripping Moen kitchen faucet, and like to seek advice from this forum as to what kind of faucet mechanism this particular Moen faucet uses (i.e. ball spring, ceramic disc, cartridge or something else). Picture of said Moen faucet attached. Thanks in advance.
  5. bang0r

What type of repair options available for tub coat peeling?

Hello. The coating of the hall bath tub has started to peel (pictures attached.) Besides replacing the whole tub or re-coating the whole tub, what other repair options are available? For the short term, are there any product at hardware store that can patch the peel from spreading...
  6. bang0r

Need help to identify the brand for a faucet

Wow! You're correct. I removed the stem, told it to Home Depot and the staff there located for me the part PP-6CD-NL Price Pfister (~$13). Pictures attached. Thank you.
  7. bang0r

Need help to identify the brand for a faucet

The facet in my hall bath has started to drip. I appreciate it if the forum can help me to identify the brand for this facet; pictures are attached. There is no logo on the faucet, and I believe I bought this from Home Depot more than 10 years ago. Thanks.
  8. bang0r

Question about Moen Shower Valve 10399 extension kit

Just want to update the forum that I have called Moen phone support, and emailed them a picture of the shower valve while still on the phone and they let me know right away the part no for the extension kit is 10399. Attached is a picture of the installation instruction. The installation is...
  9. bang0r

Question about Moen Shower Valve 10399 extension kit

I'd like to seek the advice/opinion from this forum regarding the Moen extension kit (Moen posi-temp 1200) prior to rushiing out to purchase the part. The symptom: the master bath shower valve is very difficult to shut off completely and smoothly; one has to wiggle or nudge the knob ever so...
  10. bang0r

Need advice on fixing Delta 600 shower/tub valve - dripping water

Thank you very much for the information. I just like to update the forum that both Lowes and Home Depot carries the Delta 600 replacement parts I needed. I settled for the Delta RP4993 seats & spring, the RP70 steel ball and the rubber washer. I also come across this Delta 600 repair tutorial...
  11. bang0r

Need advice on fixing Delta 600 shower/tub valve - dripping water

I'd like to seek advices from this forum on how to fix a leaking shower/tub valve. This valve came with the house when we moved in in the 1990/2000; the plate indicates it is Delta, but I'm not sure if that was for the handle conversion kit or indeed same for the valve. Attached are pictures I...
  12. bang0r

Seeking advice - Attempt replacement of hose bibb leads to a corroded pipe

Attached is the pics per Hammerlane's request. Thank you for all the replies.
  13. bang0r

Seeking advice - Attempt replacement of hose bibb leads to a corroded pipe

My attempt to replace a hose bibb (3/4") was not successful due to very tight access to the connecting pipe ( attachment hose.bibb.JPG.) Luckily, the other side of the wall is the garage. After cutting out the wall panel, I find out the other end of the pipe the bibb connected has undergone some...
  14. bang0r

Grohe 34436 - replace stop valve or the whole thing?

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into the Delta valves, and see if there is one model with an escutcheon that cover the existing cut-out. I do like the 34436 when it doesn't drip (water torture as previous post called it :) and certainly have positive experience with Grohe's technical...
  15. bang0r

John, I bought a set of deep sockets from Walmart; and was advaced to use a hammer to tap (slight whack) to the socket wrench handle. Before the attempt, I too was concern whether too much torque excerted can damage the pipe joints to leaks. I was told that the valve may have metal straps...
  16. bang0r

Reference: "Leaking Grohe model 34-446" (URL https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451&highlight=grohe) My 34-436 developed a temperature stuck-at symptom early this year. Per Grohe's tech support's recommendation, I replaced the temperature cartridge in June, as the part is under...
  17. bang0r

Leaking Grohe model 34-436.

I'd like to update the forum that the stuck cartridge has been taken out and replaced by the new one. Grohe's technical support provides a lot of help and good advice. Wrench doesn't work for me. A 24mm or 15/16" socket with sufficient depth makes the difference. An inexpensive set by Stanley...
  18. bang0r

Need advice on taking out the thermoelement cartidge to fix temperature problem My 34436 has exhibited the temperature stuck-at symptom as indicated in the post "Grohe 34 436 Temp Problem" by Tom94024. Grohe's tech support recommends replacing the thermoelement cartridge. I just received the...
  19. bang0r

KT444, I happen to have a socket deep enough to use the wrench to take out the stope valve.
  20. bang0r

Groche 34436 (weak water flow) - resolved After some tinkering, I was able to access the stop valve, and find that the filter is a piece of wire mesh wrapped around the middle of the valve stem. The filter is cloaked with debris. After cleaning the filter and flushing the valve, the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks