Question about Moen Shower Valve 10399 extension kit

Users who are viewing this thread

bang0r

Reaction score
I'd like to seek the advice/opinion from this forum regarding the Moen extension kit (Moen posi-temp 1200) prior to rushiing out to purchase the part.

The symptom: the master bath shower valve is very difficult to shut off completely and smoothly; one has to wiggle or nudge the knob ever so lightly to stop the drip depending on the phases of the moon; the workaround is to remove the knob and deal with the valve directly.

The causes appears to due to the thickness of the tile work, the distance from the valve in the wall to the handle has increased; so, when the handle is pushed to the wall, the valve cannot be shut off completely. Attached are two pictures of the Moen valve.

I was told that the Moen extension kit will provides the additional length to accommodate for the increased wall thickness.

Is the Moen posi-temp 1200 the correct part for the repair?
Anything heads-up to watch out for when installing the extension?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

mb_moem.1.jpg
mb_moen.2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bang0r

Reaction score
Just want to update the forum that I have called Moen phone support, and emailed them a picture of the shower valve while still on the phone and they let me know right away the part no for the extension kit is 10399. Attached is a picture of the installation instruction. The installation is very straightforward. Thank you.

IMG_1849.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's funny you posted that. I used one of the Moen 10399 extension kits on Wednesday.
Some of the old Moen trims, the ones with the inward dish, require the extension kit if you plan to replace with a new "flat" style trim.
Don't forget the 1225B cartridge while you are at it.

moen-10399-1.jpg

index.php

index.php

moen-extension-moyers-1.jpg

moen-extension-moyers-2.jpg

With the new tile, it needs the extension.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks