Search results

1. rick2995

Sliding Shower doors /removal

HJ Thank you.. I employed trusty (Grandson) at $1.82 hr to help me with the removal of the top rail and yes, job got done..
  2. rick2995

Sliding Shower doors /removal

help requested on how to remove Older slider-doors 1970ish affixed to tub. Bottom rail guide is 3" in lenth, soft plastic attached to the rail by 2-screws on the top-side of guide :( Unable to get to screws as both door encouching access..Lefting inside door with tilt not working for me...
  3. rick2995

Behind wall water leak Tub/Shower Mixer

Hello Terry and hj .. After removing the "Plate" and enlarging the openig to view the plumbing Mixer valve, I ran Cold followed by Hot with the Shower Deverter in Tub position and No Leaks observed, I then ppulled-Up on diverter valve for Shower-mode and "leakage" at the male inlet to the...
  4. rick2995

Hello Terry Thank you for the advise. In the event the cartridge is the issue Are the cartridges universal... let's say I find a 1125 or what ever in the mixer..and the best available cartridge in-town is a 1200 or so.. Will I be good to go with the higher numbered cartridge..? Thank you Rick
  5. rick2995

Thank you HJ... I happened to be in the crawl space concerning air-ducts when I heard water dripping .. I appreciate the suggestion.
  6. rick2995

Scenario: My home built in '70s, with craw-space Issue is water-leakage at mixer. Tub/Shower fixture is likely original which is a Moen Single Handle Pull Push/Turn. No leakage at Shower-head or Sprout. From Crawl-Space I can view supply-lines up until there are fished through the 2x4, NO...
  7. rick2995

coupler on Main drain line with crack + - 1/4 "

Test, Don't guess thats a phase we should all go by... Thank you for your encouragment, Many, Many Thanks.
  8. rick2995

Jadnashua.. "Jim" Your response is very much informative and will use should I go with the repair-slip with bands..Many, Many thanks.
  9. rick2995

Thank you Michael..for the tip and advise. .The Rubber repair was thought of however Couplers and New pipe has a better eye-ball appeal to go with the dirt that is seen once every 25-yrs. ..I notice your location is Sacramento.. I am in El Dorado Hills catch me at email 2995W@sbcglobal.net.
  10. rick2995

Good morning HJ...Thanks for the early wake-up call The movement ..if " none" is my concern as well , So if I find there is No-Movement,,, Do you sense the "threaded Couplers will be a better choice over the slip-coupler.?? . I rather pay $ 10-bucks for a thredaded coupler then stuggle...
  11. rick2995

Hello 4' ABS line in crawl-space has coupler on line about 3-feet from inside-wall of concrete foundation The coupler is cracked with the spread about 1/4' on top and narrrows to -0- spread half-way down visual of interior line is Great...a slow flow will not seep while a fast flow from...
  12. rick2995

Bathsink tailpipe & Wall stub

Thank you both,... the word use of 'bender' is difinitely not the intended word nor think of Bending a wall stub hahaha maybe a 90 Bend ?? .... the IMG is exactly what is now in place. ..I wish to move the sink 4-inches over to the side to allow more right-hand side counter space, presently...
  13. rick2995

Bathsink tailpipe & Wall stub

I tried all related post and read where a Bender was recommended to a situation I will be faced with. ... I will soon replace & relocate a bathroom sink where upon attaching the P-trap to the tailpipe, the trap will be 5+/- inches from the wall wasteline/stub: Qstn If I read and...
  14. rick2995

Water flow continues from hot water line

Thanks Jimbo, Concerning the water shut-off valve at the water heater, There is one valve on the cold-water line, is this the recommended valve I should close-off on my next honey-do Job? Thanks Again Rick2995
  15. rick2995

Water flow continues from hot water line

:confused: Hi In replacing a angle valve that services a dishwasher, I closed the main-water shut-off valve, then attempted to remove the old valve I had pressure & hot water fI waited a good 30-minutes and decided enough was enough, The home is a tri level, kitchen/dishwasher in the lower...
  16. rick2995

Old ferrule stuck

:) Thank you for the prompt reply.. Have a good evening.
  17. rick2995

Old ferrule stuck

Hello Two problems.. In attempting to replace a faucet angle-compressor the old ferrule on the 1/2 copper pipe is stuck . How can I remove the ferrule in this situation? I attempted to use the new compressor and old ferrule & nut, the new compressor when tightened to the old nut has play...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks