Old ferrule stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

rick2995

Reaction score
Hello
Two problems..
In attempting to replace a faucet angle-compressor the old ferrule on the 1/2 copper pipe is stuck . How can I remove the ferrule in this situation?

I attempted to use the new compressor and old ferrule & nut, the new compressor when tightened to the old nut has play and the entire unit can spin on the pipe which allows for super water spray..
What could I not be doing correctly..

(In order to have water service again I re-installed the old compressor to the stuck ferrule & old nut , there was no movement. it works fine. ??

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ferrule

You probably have one of the old coarse thread nuts which will not work with the new valve, although I have know some people who got them together using a couple of big wrenches and a lot of force.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks