new 7000sxt - sanity check

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikha'el

Reaction score
Hi all - got the new system up and running:

Fleck 7000SXT 32mm
1" connections (removed the noryl bypass - plumbed with 3-valve bypass)
12x52 Clack resin tank
2.0 cuft 8% Dow standard resin (USA)
top basket + gravel underbedding
18x33 round brine tank w/ grid
DLFC 3.5 gpm
BLFC .25 gpm
Injector size #1

The valve came programmed from the dealer as follows:

DF = GAL
VT = dF2b
CT = Fd
C = 40
H = 14
RS = SF
SF = 20
DO = OFF
RT = 2:00am
B1 = 6
BD = 60
B2 = 0
RR = 6
BF = 16
FM = t1.2

Looks like a 6lb/ft3 salt dose, which seems about right. My early calcs say it should regenerate every 12-14 days or so. I'll set the DO to 21, just in case. Perhaps change RS to cr?

Since water is in short supply here (continuing stage 1 watering restriction), figure I'll err on the side of H2O efficiency, an extra bag or two of salt per year is nothing, and we likes our newly soft water. Coffee is a bit smoother, for one thing. :)

Thanks everyone for the sizing/selection help, and please feel free to suggest any programming tweaks!

Michael

Reach4

Reaction score
It looks like they set it up pretty nicely. There are some differences possible as shown in my table. The biggest is that the provided RS=SF and SF of 20% would regenerate a day or two early . Better to use RS=cr, which will let the reserve adjust based on experience and should be more efficient. Added the second rinse. Possibility of being more pessimistic on H as discussed in https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fleck-9100-sxt-programming-settings.60651/ though Ditttohead does not seem to think it is needed-- at least for these relatively low hardnesses. Day override could be 21 to 3o. Yours came with that off. The difference would be if you took a long vacation.

Your system is going to be very effective and efficient.

img_3.GIF

Mikha'el

Reaction score
Added the second rinse.View attachment 28975
Thanks for the replies, folks.

Any advantage to increasing BD beyond 60 minutes? Dittohead - seems like you have yours set for 2 hours?

I need to re-check the hardness. It tested 13 gpg in January, but I think the city has some backup sources that might cause it to fluctuate a bit. Their latest water quality report (2013) says average 11 gpg.

I notice they didn't list iron or manganese, not sure if that means zero, though chloramine-treated municipal water wouldn't show iron anyway.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
BD is based on may factors. Ultra efficient systems will use a smaller injector causing a longer brine draw cycle, the system will use the same amount of water. A good rule of thumb is to go 3-4x longer than the brine draw takes. Of course this is only an estimate as freeboard and many other factors come into play. On my personal system, the brine goes through 4 tanks prior to exiting the system, and I also have a tds monitor on the drain so I know exactly when the brine is cleared from the final tank. You can simply taste the water at the drain after about 45 minutes into the BD cycle, the saltiness should be waning. At 60 minutes, there should be no saltiness at all. You can adjust it accordingly.

Mikha'el

Reaction score
You can adjust it accordingly.
Ah, I think I'll leave it alone for now...

I did change the DO to 21.
And the RS to cr... which nearly doubled the reserve for the current cycle - I'm guessing the algorithm goes a bit wonky without a good sample history? Anyway, I put it back to SF (for now) but reduced the reserve to 10%. A bit more than the 226 gallons/day we've been averaging.

BTW - the peak flow rate since I put it in service is 13.1 gpm. So my tub filler test was a pretty good indicator. :)

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
cr will self adjust quickly, just trust it to do its job. If you are interested, I believe it starts at 33% of the total capacity with an adjustment based on water usage. It will adjust more than 10% per day. Many people are surprised to see their volume go up instead of down for the first few days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks