Recent content by toozie21

1. toozie21

Kohler pressure mixer issues

You my good sir, are a miracle worker. It is about a 10 min job (for a non-plumber), so I highly recommend this for anyone else out there with issues. Kohler has a good video showing how to do a replacement. Thanks again
  2. toozie21

You are a money saver! The immediately responded that they are sending me 2 replacements for free. Thank you so much for all the help!
  3. toozie21

Sorry for the late reply. A free fix would be nice :). Do you know how to apply? Thanks!
  4. toozie21

Thanks Marlin. I had watched a video yesterday and doing that replacement and it seemed like a reasonable enough task. What I disnr understand was 1 - Why would my two showers be so bad only 4 years in And 2 - Why is the cost of the repair kit so high? It seems like a whole new unit (which...
  5. toozie21

I have a 4 year old house with the standard construction grade Kohler shower handles. They are the single handle style and even though they are so new, they are becoming terrible for controlling the temp. I've read up a little on how they work, and I am trying to decide if it makes more sense...
  6. toozie21

New shower pan question

What a doofus i am! I bet you are right, stud-to-stud is probably 48.... can't believe that that never occurred to me. Time to do some exploratory research on the existing shower. Thanks a ton!
  7. toozie21

New shower pan question

So my realtor mentioned that my tiny master bath needs to get updated before selling (and she is right). My issue is that i seem to have a nonstandard size, and that appears to be a LARGE cost! Right now there appears to be a vinyl base with whatever is below it (i guess a pan). I need a 32...
  8. toozie21

How to best ballpark price for a new basement bathroom?

OK, thanks. That is why I wanted to run it past you guys first, just so I didn't go in with a low (or overly high and get ripped off), idea in mind. I wanted to get a better ballpark. Thanks.
  9. toozie21

Thanks hj. That is probably the best answer, I was just hoping (not really knowing), if there was a rule-of-thumb or a ballpark to work off of. This would probably more than just a plumber job though, right? Or are there some who can handle the whole package? Also, is Angie's List the best...
  10. toozie21

I am getting ready to investigate putting a bathroom into my basement and am trying to figure out how to ballpark pricing for it before I start the process. I am hoping to hire someone who I can assist, if there are things they could use assistance with or can pawn off on me to save time/money...
  11. toozie21

Where do you buy your Soda Ash from? Not a pool store?

From what I understand (which isn't much), it is the water softening that helps. (one example: http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/factsheets/radium.htm) <<edit>> Shoot, you've got me thinking now. Maybe my Solar Salt tank is helping with the radium, and the soda ash is to compensate...
  12. toozie21

Where do you buy your Soda Ash from? Not a pool store?

I have a well in the house I've been in for 7 years. When I first bought the place, I had Culligan out (since their sticker was on the equipment) to give me a lesson. I have both salt and soda ash on a whole house setup (the soda ash is for radium in the ground water). He mentioned that it...
  13. toozie21

Recommendations for small half bath floor plans?

Thanks for all the feedback. It seems like what I have described should work fine for the pumping and drainage in my situation. I definitely have some room to play with, so I was going to look at a minimum, or standard set, then add some more room in like you were mentioning. Nothing worse...
  14. toozie21

Recommendations for small half bath floor plans?

Anyone have a good site (I have turned up empty) for a small half bath floor plan? I am looking to add one into the basement and I wanted to see what ideas were out there. Right now I am considering one where the door is in the center of the long wall (opening out) and on the inside the sink...
  15. toozie21

new toilet in non-roughed in basement

Breaking the concrete and going with the ejector pump always seemed like the "better" approach in my mind. I don't mind doing some physical work, and my recent eating habits have pushed me well past the 90 lbs limit. I just wasn't sure how difficult it could be (I have worked outdoor concrete...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks