Recent content by newmex999

1. newmex999

Drip system, not enough pressure!

My drip system no longer is working properly. Same system been installed and working properly for years. It passes through a 1" Orbit valve. Following troubleshooting steps already done: Pressure at each main line that comes from the 1" orbit valve where the 1/2"poly hose branches off is 80lbs(...
  2. newmex999

Watts Braided Lines

Recently just saw some information about failures of Watts braided lines that are used on water heaters. I do not have these on my water heater, but I am sure I have used them for toilet and as supply lines to hot and cold water on sinks. I am not using Watts "floodsafe". SHOULD THESE BE...
  3. newmex999

Water being sucked out of toilet bowl?

Is there anything else besides a clog in the main line that then suddenly opens up that would cause the water in the bowl part of the toilet to be sucked out allowing sewer gas in the house? This has happened twice in the past 2 weeks. The first time all the water in the bowl was gone(this is a...
  4. newmex999

Water not getting hot enough

Thanks, however how does this apply to my post?
  5. newmex999

The water heater is 40 gallon natural gas.
  6. newmex999

I have noticed lately that my hot water is only getting to about 105 degrees even though it is set to the max. The water heater is about 16 years old. Other then trying to flush it out is there anything else I should check? Also, if the flush doesn't work and I have to replace it, what do you...
  7. newmex999

Installing Glass Shower Door and Fixed Panel

Stump the Pros? Did my questions stump the pros? I hope not, I know you guys can help me here. Thanks
  8. newmex999

Installing Glass Shower Door and Fixed Panel

I will be installing a 30" hinged shower door attached to the wall and a 30" fixed panel across a 60 inch straight shower opening. The unit is frameless, so the fixed panel sits in a u channel on the bottom and the wall. Any tips/tricks on getting the door and fixed panel installed & lined...
  9. newmex999

Threaded Connections and No Access Panel

I am installing some HIGH FLOW Stainless Steel Threaded Water Flexes on a tub deck faucet and did not plan to install an access panel. I can always open up the sheetrock again if I need to. What is the down side of doing this? I know it is not to code, but why?
  10. newmex999

Tub Deck Valve Installation

The flexible lines are special "high flow" and give 100% more flow then the "braided" type. Can these be used without an access panel? Only time there will be water flowing through is when faucet is actually turned on.
  11. newmex999

Tub Deck Valve Installation

I am trying to install a Danze tub deck faucet that has 1/2" copper sweat and 1/2" NPT. There are tags all over the place that say to remove the cartridge and inner valve components before soldering. However I have been trying to do this for the past hour with no luck on either valve...
  12. newmex999

Flexible Plumbing Connections

Terry: I am not sure that I understand "You can't have a flexible valve in the wall". I am installing a deck mount faucet, so the valve itself will be secured to the decking. Is this what you are talking about? Thanks
  13. newmex999

Flexible Plumbing Connections

I need to connect 1/2 copper pipe to 1/2 NPT threaded connectors under and behind a bathtub for the tub faucet. The location and angle of the copper pipes in relation to the tub fittings makes it virtually impossible to use sweat fittings without doing alot of sweating. Is there something...
  14. newmex999

Expansion Chambers

I am installing a new shower valve. Should I install expansion chambers on the hot and cold 1/2 copper water lines near the valve?
  15. newmex999

Reuse a soldered fitting?

Is it ok to unsolder and resolder a fitting? The fitting in question is the brass female threaded winged fitting on top for the shower head. Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks