Threaded Connections and No Access Panel

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by newmex999, May 7, 2010.

1. newmex999

newmex999 New Member

I am installing some HIGH FLOW Stainless Steel Threaded Water Flexes on a tub deck faucet and did not plan to install an access panel.

I can always open up the sheetrock again if I need to.

What is the down side of doing this?

I know it is not to code, but why?
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Flexible hoses fail, as they are not constructed with permanent installation in mind. Approved piping such as copper is designed to last as long as the rest of the structure.
  3. dcelite

dcelite Plumber

You'll want to be able to do periodic visual inspections. I never install deck faucets with flex lines. Hooking it up with rigid pipe also helps keep the faucet more secure.