Watts Braided Lines

Users who are viewing this thread

newmex999

Reaction score
Recently just saw some information about failures of Watts braided lines that are used on water heaters. I do not have these on my water heater, but I am sure I have used them for toilet and as supply lines to hot and cold water on sinks. I am not using Watts "floodsafe".

SHOULD THESE BE REPLACED???????????????

If so, what brand do you recommend?

SHR

Reaction score
I often use the Watts faucet and toilet braided lines and have not had any problems. I too will not ever use the "Floodsafe" lines though. Interestingly a very large city I sometimes work in will not permit the "Floodsafe" water supply lines due to too many failure issues.

On water heaters I would avoid all braided lines. I have replaced both Watts and Sharkbite-brand braided water heater lines due to the inner hose disintegrating and leaving black chunks in the hot water.

floodsafe-settlement.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks