Recent content by K Paterson

1. K Paterson

Water softener and white substance

I have a water softener and Iron remover with air mazzi injector. I have tested my water pre equipment and post equipment, Hot and Cold. All my equipment appears to be set up perfectly as I had my water tested via a friend who has the Hach test kit. My water is soft with reading of 0.1...
  2. K Paterson

GE Powervent GG50S06RVK Water Heater help?

This particular Intellivent has error code 6 (LED vacation + A + B lit up) It has been intermittently working and I have been able to get it working by unplugging the unit and then back in. The blower starts then the igniter glows, the gas valve clicks, no flame. Then it retries to ignite. I...
  3. K Paterson

New Septic Tank required....grr

So here I go again, help need pls. My concrete septic tank is only 20yrs 1000gallon and the lid fell in! It looks like the tank is crumbling apart! There is a huge crack in the top, concrete around the lid falling in pieces. Why only 20yrs lasted? All my water softener regen water goes...
  4. K Paterson

Air injection......Massi

I currently have a Massi air injector for iron in my water. I used to have a " air release" valve or a "degas valve" installed later down the water line to stop water hammer?????? This was leaking so I disposed of it. Now I need another one. Question? Would it be a "air release" valve or...
  5. K Paterson

Faulty check valve or faulty pump

turning on a tap and hit 40psi when the pump kicks on and actually works it will pump water for 45secs to reach 60psi. Basically normal pump time. 100% there is not start capacitor anywhere. They said it had starter windings....something like that. If something is really really strange is...
  6. K Paterson

I have had this out before, and there is no other check valve in the line. Stopped at store I purchased it at and they said it was the starter windings, and eventually they will burn out. This is a Myers pump 2ST52-8-P4 0.5HP 230V 8GPM 6amps
  7. K Paterson

3rd update I installed a pressure switch right at the entry point of my house. the pressure here never changes when the pump is off. Even after a days work! This tells me at no time am I losing water back down the well. When the pressure relay 40/60 closes the amp meter on the pump winding...
  8. K Paterson

update I installed a pressure gauge right at the spot where my water line enters the house, then I left in the check valve after this. This would then tell me if over time the pressure was falling in the line in the ground. Problem would then be faulty check valve or hole in line. Well, the...
  9. K Paterson

Great information, I promise to keep you posted. I will remove top check valve right away. I just installed this check valve recently, and yes the problem started recently. Yes I do have air in my lines when turning on the taps; however, I have a massi air injector system. Update coming.
  10. K Paterson

Going to replace bladder tank anyways

As you might have seen having other problems with my well, but my bladder tank is working flawlessly; however, it is 20+ yrs old and and going to replace it for piece of mind. Recommendation of the two Currently: Goulds V60 20 Gallons Drawdown 5.3g @40/60 psi Option...
  11. K Paterson

Well 150' feet deep Meyers pump located in the well Check valve in the pump, check valve located right at bladder tank Sometimes my pressure switch 40/60 turns on (closes) at 40psi ; however, I get no sound of water rushing into my lines. I count to 30 or 40secs and then have water. I...
  12. K Paterson

white build up around taps

Sorry late update: 2 months ago I had my water tested and was told I had a -1 ion, so I bumped my BF to 11, previousy 8, but still same problem. Thanks
  13. K Paterson

white build up around taps

I had a very very old water softener using alot of salt. It finally broke. I replaced it with a Fleck 5600SXT. After having it installed professionally and using it for a year I continue to get a white (assume calcium) build up on my taps. Here are the settings for the Fleck. I currently use...
  14. K Paterson

Air injection system

Air Vent My air vent does NOT sit on top of my resevoir tank. It is after the tank, just before the iron remover. MY resovoir tank drains at the bottom. How can all the air get to the bottom of the tank, go out then vent just before the iron remover. Should the vent sit directly on...
  15. K Paterson

Air injection system

I was using an small air injector (the size of a pop can) in-line with my main water feed. I then have a bladder tank, then a precipatation/resevoir tank, then iron removal system, and then water softener. I switched from the small "pop can" injector to a mazzi injector. It seems to suck much...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks