GE Powervent GG50S06RVK Water Heater help?

Users who are viewing this thread

K Paterson

Reaction score
This particular Intellivent has error code 6 (LED vacation + A + B lit up) It has been intermittently working and I have been able to get it working by unplugging the unit and then back in. The blower starts then the igniter glows, the gas valve clicks, no flame. Then it retries to ignite. I have cleaned the burner assembly, flame sensor and igniter. I can blow through the burner tube and hear air coming out the orifice. I think it might be the gas valve. This unit is 6.5 years old and out of warranty. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
a new control for one of those will cost you about 200... You can attempt that if you wish...

we have had an issue with a brand new intellevent control where the ground in the home was faulty and
the unit would not fire up and come on..... you might want to check that out...we had to literally run an extension and plug in the water heater to an outlet in an outside garage and the thing fired up...very odd indeed

you are probably looking at a new water heater if a new control does not fix it..
GE is not gonna be much help .

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks