Recent content by avellino

1. avellino

Toto 1 Piece leaks from Plastic P-Trap

Correct ..the toto unifit adapter. If I remove the toilet and pour water through the unifit adaptor...I see no leaking, please the toilet back in, after a few flushes a small stream of water begins to run on the right side. Always on the right ...the floor was completely unleveled, and I did...
  2. avellino

Ceramic Tile The tile was installed by a jack of all trades, and def "not" level. I had to massively shim, then caulk to stabilize because it kept moving..do you think this may very well be the cause?
  3. avellino

I have installed many toilets over the years, but this one has me a little confused. This is a 1 piece model, with a plastic offset P-Trap, that connects the toilete to the lead / brass flange on the floor. I connected the Plastic offset (P-TRAP) to the brass flange, obviously with a wax seal...
  4. avellino

PEX SSC clamps versus standard method

Actually What I meant is: Most contractors in my area use the black copper ring for pex connections. I use and like to use the stainless steel clamp connection because I find that I need less clearance in hard to reach areas and obviously the other plus is the same tool will crimp from 1/2...
  5. avellino

PEX SSC clamps versus standard method

I see most contractors in my area using the standard method as compared to the SSC (Stainless Steel Clamp). Why? Is the SSC method less reliable? Anyone been using the SSC method for a while? Should I stop using the method? FOr a visual explanation between standard and SSC, follow link...
  6. avellino

Pex: Cinch Clamps VS Rings

2 plumbing supply vendors in my area. 1 carries only the cinch clamps, another carries only the rings. When I asked the second vendor why he didn't have cinch clamps in stock, the response was that they were unreliable. Is this true? I only roughed a few times with cinch clamps and I didn't get...
  7. avellino

Easier Way for 2 inch Drain? (1 Piece Shower In Basement)

Racer814 So am I to understand that the only thing that will be holding this PVC adaptor to the shower base is some putty and the 2 screws from the strainer?
  8. avellino

Thanks Everyone! U guys are quick and great!
  9. avellino

Installing a 1 piece fiberglass shower in the basement. Began breaking the concrete slab to rough the drain towards the center of the shower for P-TRAP installation. Is there an easy way to connect http://www.oatey.com/graphics/products/drains/42050.gif with the P-TRAP? I mean it's...
  10. avellino

Installing a 1 piece fiberglass shower in the basement. Began breaking the concrete slab to rough the drain towards the center of the shower for P-TRAP installation. Is there an easy way to connect http://www.oatey.com/graphics/products/drains/42050.gif with the P-TRAP? I mean it's...