This is how it's done in England....look no guns

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Why be upset because you have to pay your way? Student loans is a way of life. My kids was alittle over 17 grand a year. They pay monthly loans. I paid 5 grand a year for each son, they pay the rest. I am very proud of them. I would be ashamed of them if they didn't want to pay their own way. You want to dance you got to pay the fiddler.

And, that mob doesn't look benign to me.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
As I have said before. We pay taxes so we have expectations from our Government. And when those expectations are not met, we protest.

Americans are suckers because they also pay taxes but don't want anything from their Government. Paying the fiddler but not wanting to dance. And they're too lazy to kick up a fuss.

Plus your police have guns so everyone's afraid to speak out. There goes freedom....again.

Cookie

Reaction score
I read where they raised the tuition 3x's the amount, that sounds like your taxes were not high enough in the beginning or raising as they should over increments so, this protest wouldn't happen.

I read where, they attacked the Prince, where is the correct security? And, flares were being thrown. Bottles, flares, breaking windows in the prince's car, that is shameful.

Cookie

Reaction score
I am not inspired by it, Ian. I think peaceful is the operative word in demonstrations.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We do like a fight. In some ways it is cultural.

As is getting your nose bloodied...

From the looks of Camilla in this picture she wishes the Ohio State National Guard was on hand at this demonstration...

e94740f0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
That's not the British way Redwood.

Stiff upper lip and if push comes to shove you punch them. Even Camilla and Charles, who was up for a fight.

And they got home safe without a shot being fired.

Guns are for cowards.

Guns are for Americans.

Your daddy taught you no other way. So blame him. And his daddy. Her daddy never taught her how to fight.

They were all small on the boat that came over, you see. It runs in the family, like the Ohio State National Guard.

If only one off their daddies had taught them how to fight, perhaps they wouldn't have needed those helmets and guns?

But no. If a couple of eighteen-year old kids riot in America, bring out the army! Send out the lady with her gun.

That's what happens when you lose a King and gain far too many churches.

God Save the King and keep the crown!

_50391843_010828651-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score

Stiff upper lip and if push comes to shove you punch them. Even Camilla and Charles, who was up for a fight.

Yea this is a stiff upper lip alright.

I assume the Royal Laundry was busy washing the royal undies that night...

And perhaps the Royal Limo has a few new pine tree air fresheners hanging in it...

Instead of a protection detail with guns the driver had to use the car as a weapon as he mashed the gas and sped away through the crowd...

In the picture below I don't think Chuck was going to step out and protect his wife....

22897.jpg

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, my daddy was good enough to fight in your country, for your country and no one just threw sticks at him.

Cookie

Reaction score
She's probably just after his money.

Guns are for cowards.

Guns are for Americans.

Your daddy taught you no other way. So blame him. And his daddy. Her daddy never taught her how to fight.

gun_ban.jpg

They were all small on the boat that came over, you see. It runs in the family, like the Ohio State National Guard.

If only one off their daddies had taught them how to fight, perhaps they wouldn't have needed those helmets and guns?

But no. If a couple of eighteen-year old kids riot in America, bring out the army! Send out the lady with her gun.

That's what happens when you lose a King and gain far too many churches.

_50391843_010828651-1.jpg

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...amilla-met-rage-in-regent-street-2157412.html

"Off with their heads!"

"But the fact is that this is the worst show of hostility any of the royals have had to face on London's streets in living memory, other than from Irish terrorists. Now that it has happened once, it could happen again, and, as the public spending cuts deepen, Charles and his wife may wonder whether one is altogether safe behind the reinforced windows of a conspicuous Rolls-Royce."

Hrmm.. Kinda conflicting with the topic of this thread don't ya think?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I liked this one...

We're powerless to prevent more violence, police forced to admit

By Nigel Morris and Oliver Wright Saturday, 11 December 2010, The Independent, London - Senior politicians last night privately admitted that police do not have the capacity to prevent future outbreaks of vandalism and violence in central London.

With further student demonstrations planned after Christmas, ministers and the Mayor of London Boris Johnson have concluded the police could have done nothing more to prevent the scale of the disturbances.

But they expressed concern that protesters were able to attack a Rolls-Royce carrying the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall as they travelled through the West End. Camilla was seen being prodded in the ribs with a stick through the open window of their vehicle as she and Prince Charles were driven to the Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium.....

Downing Street later said Mr Cameron had full confidence in the Met Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson and policing of the protest but said there was concern over Prince Charles.

"Clearly there was a specific issue about what happened to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall yesterday and that is being looked at and we are not going to pre-judge that."

One senior Government source told The Independent: "Clearly things did not go as well as could be hoped – people here weren't desperately happy. We need to get to the bottom of what happened."

The was also disquiet that Sir Paul used a radio interview to suggest the officers protecting Charles and Camilla had shown restraint by not opening fire on the mob chasing the car.

Sir Paul told Radio 4's Today programme: "I do think that the officers who were protecting their Royal Highnesses showed very real restraint – some of those officers were armed....
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-violence-police-forced-to-admit-2157413.html

I didn't realize the security detail was French....;)

They had guns but didn't know how to use them.

Ian I thinks ya gotta take off the glasses...
The tint seems to interfere with a clear vision...

rose_colored_glasses.jpg

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Your sorry excuse for a police force would have just opened fire.

That's all they are trained to do here.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score

Guns are for cowards.

Ahhh British History through the Rose tinted goggles of Ian Gills...

rose_colored_glasses.jpg

St. Brice's Day massacre

Smerwick (Dun an Oir) massacre

Bolton Massacre

Massacre of Glencoe

Massacre of St George's Fields

Boston Massacre

Baylor Massacre

Waxhaw Massacre

Peterloo Massacre

Waterloo Creek massacre

Myall Creek massacre

Gippsland massacres

Amritsar massacre

Croke Park Massacre

Qissa Khwani bazaar massacre

Batang Kali massacre

Bloody Sunday (1972)

Miami Showband massacre

Hungerford massacre

Milltown Cemetery attack

Greysteel massacre

Loughinisland massacre

Dunblane massacre

Port Arthur massacre

My My that seems to be a long list of civilized behavior....
It seems as though British troops, Loyalists, Colonies, and even British Civilians with outlawed guns have a long history of Massacres even in recent history...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yes, but most of those were just defending our "freedom" and our "values". Besides, civillians have never carried them.

Like Joe half-wit does here.

Guns should be regulated. Like water heaters, they can be dangerous.

I want Government involved in your guns.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, but most of those were just defending our "freedom" and our "values". Besides, civillians have never carried them.

On 13 March 1996, unemployed former shopkeeper and former Scout leader Thomas Watt Hamilton (born Thomas Watt, Jr. 10 May 1952) walked into the Dunblane Primary School armed with two 9 mm Browning HP pistols and two Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum revolvers, all legally held. He was carrying 743 cartridges, and fired his weapons 109 times. The subsequent police investigation revealed that Hamilton had loaded the magazines for his Browning with an alternating combination of full-metal-jacket and hollow-point ammunition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

I guess unemployed shop keepers aren't civilians...

And those school kids were a threat to your freedom and values...

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yes, but in contrast such events are almost monthly events in America where stupid people are allowed to own guns, as lawmakers sit idly by.

Besides, weapons of that type are now illegal in England since new gun control legislation inspired by the massacre went on to the statute book. Your lawmakers seem to think gun massacres in America are OK and choose not to regulate. Because America does not value human life nor the wellbeing of its citizens.

As of 1997 handguns have been almost completely banned for private ownership in England. Exceptions to the ban include muzzle-loading "blackpowder" guns, pistols produced before 1917, pistols of historical interest (such as pistols used in notable crimes, rare prototypes, unusual serial numbers and so on), starting pistols, pistols that are of particular aesthetic interest (such as engraved or jewelled guns) and shot pistols for pest control. Even the UK's Olympic shooters fall under this ban; shooters can only train in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or abroad.

In America, any idiot can own a gun. And since access to a good, free education is limited here you can do the math on how many idiots reside here. Add to that the fact that clever people choose not to own guns and you really have an American crisis.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Besides, weapons of that type are now illegal in England since new gun control legislation inspired by the massacre went on to the statute book. Your lawmakers seem to think gun massacres in America are OK and choose not to regulate. Because America does not value human life nor the wellbeing of its citizens.

As of 1997 handguns have been almost completely banned for private ownership in England. Exceptions to the ban include muzzle-loading "blackpowder" guns, pistols produced before 1917, pistols of historical interest (such as pistols used in notable crimes, rare prototypes, unusual serial numbers and so on), starting pistols, pistols that are of particular aesthetic interest (such as engraved or jewelled guns) and shot pistols for pest control. Even the UK's Olympic shooters fall under this ban; shooters can only train in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or abroad.

So then only a criminal with no regard for the law can own a gun in England...

I find that comforting....

340757589v4_480x480_Front.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks