This is how it's done in England....look no guns

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Juraj&Daniela part II 633.jpg

Dad needs to teach them starting at age 3, but many have no father of any merit or known location. They only use screwdrivers in the slums to stab each other with. Hammers are car openers. The schools sold off the mechanical workshops and bought computers.

Here is a better place for a kid then in front of the tube. Big enough to grease all 42 fittings now.

Last edited:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
[QUOTE

grease fittings [/QUOTE]

I bet Ian does not know what a zerk is, one of the best words in our American language.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Mr. Zerks Mansion was in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and still stands, he was the Bill gates of the early 1900's and his zerk was an I-pod of the day.

Now all we get are kitchen magicians and juicers for inventions.

rightwheel.jpg

And by the way, Ian, that excavator was built in America, with an Iowa engine, a German hydraulic pump, and American Boom and arm and bucket and hydralic rams and hoses. I think Hitachi built the basic undercarriage. 5000 amazing trouble free hours, and one bucket of dirt is your day with a shovel. can place a rock the size of a volkswagon like a toothpick.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Surely all the American-made parts are no longer original working items?

TJanak

Reaction score
Mr. Zerks Mansion was in Kenosha, Wisconsin, and still stands, he was the Bill gates of the early 1900's and his zerk was an I-pod of the day.

Now all we get are kitchen magicians and juicers for inventions.

rightwheel.jpg

And by the way, Ian, that excavator was built in America, with an Iowa engine, a German hydraulic pump, and American Boom and arm and bucket and hydralic rams and hoses. I think Hitachi built the basic undercarriage. 5000 amazing trouble free hours, and one bucket of dirt is your day with a shovel. can place a rock the size of a volkswagon like a toothpick.

Somebody has a suspension lift

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Surely all the American-made parts are no longer original working items?

Cute English humour.

Actually, the main hydraulic pump is not German, but US. And its all original without any repairs but a leaking o-ring. The swing motor, which rotates about 20,000#'s of US iron, quick enough to get you dizzy, is original and strong. The rotator bearing, which is about the weight of your car, kept well greased, should go 15,000 hours.

One of the boom cylinders - these are all John Deere built, weighs about 1200 pounds, and they have a fairly predictable rebuild life of about 4 to 8,000 hours. This is NOT a Saturn Vue.

Absolutely no gears or drivelines - pure hydraulic motion, which means if you meticulously change the filters and add about 10 pounds of magnets to the bottom of the 85 gallon hydraulic tank, and use DELO instead of hydraulic fluid, you can get 15,000 hours out of most components.

I have a pure US built JD dozer, has an unheard of 15,000 hours on it , and have only changed the muffler and rebuilt cylinders. Starts in the SNOW without any glow plugs or ether with a 1/2 second click of the key. Not a Mercedes or Volkswagon diesel can come close to its incredible mechanics. Same for the starting of the excavator engine.

There is a good reason why all those John Deere machines are roaming your English countryside.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
As long as we keep all that American machinery off the road and on the building site, I'm good.

Should keep the traffic moving...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks