This is how it's done in England....look no guns

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I bet none of the people that voted in the poll have ever come to the United States to see the continual blood bath and carnage that is a direct result of the second Amendment and strong pro-gun lobbies such as the NRA.

Every night on my local news someone is being murdered as a result of gun crime.

In most other countries, such news would be national. I hope that puts things into perspective. Americans have just been so numbed by all the pain, suffering and death that is around them that they don't seem to notice any more. Of course they don't really care anyway because they are bought up by their parents to only worry about themselves rather than the suffering of their neighbor. Which is why they hate paying taxes for things like schools and hospitals. Who cares if the neighbor's kid is sick and stupid? Certainly not Americans.

Palin is welcome to keep her gun. But she is out of touch with America. Most of us do not live in Alaska where the bears run wild.

Most of us have jobs in the city to go to. And shops where we buy our food. Poor old Palin has to hunt for hers.

What's your excuse? We need to regulate guns like we regulate electrical panels.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
QUOTE=Ian Gills;281980]I bet none of the people that voted in the poll have ever come to the United States to see the continual blood bath and carnage that is a direct result of the second Amendment and strong pro-gun lobbies such as the NRA.

Every night on my local news someone is being murdered as a result of gun crime.

In most other countries, such news would be national. I hope that puts things into perspective. Americans have just been so numbed by all the pain, suffering and death that is around them that they don't seem to notice any more. Of course they don't really care anyway because they are bought up by their parents to only worry about themselves rather than the suffering of their neighbor. Which is why they hate paying taxes for things like schools and hospitals. Who cares if the neighbor's kid is sick and stupid? Certainly not Americans.

Palin is welcome to keep her gun. But she is out of touch with America. Most of us do not live in Alaska where the bears run wild.

Most of us have jobs in the city to go to. And shops where we buy our food. Poor old Palin has to hunt for hers.

What's your excuse? We need to regulate guns like we regulate electrical panels.[/QUOTE]

Amazing that no one responded to this drivel! had to ressurect it.

1] 'Gun' buying has multi layers of regulation. You wont get one, unless you go into the ghetto and get one through your car window like the criminals in England do it

2] 80% of those gun deaths are criminal moron killing bigger criminal moron, a blessing; 10% imbecile married couples shooting one another, and the the remainder random and predictable acts of robbery and mayhem.

3] Any brain dead zombie can buy and change his electrical panel from the neighborhood store, and unless he erects a sign on the street saying he is doing so, he can kill a covey of kids in the future without much liability.

4] If you want to save lives, teach Americans how to drive. By the death level in autos, they should be far more regulated than guns. Thats 30 to 50,000 per year and triple that for paralyzed persons. Its reducing only because of better air bags and engineering - the drivers are still not taught how to drive.

5] want to see real acts of gun violence? Read the Mexican and Columbian news.

6] North America is just a one point above Europe for 'intentional' murder rates. We just do it faster instead of with clubs and knives. Wanna die? go to Africa. Or certain parts of Washington DC.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

And not many will read this, but Ian, its right up your alley:

http://www.allsafedefense.com/news/International/BritvsUSA.htm

Homicide-world.jpg[

Last edited:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
[
Thankfully, owning a Boeing 747 is regulated in the US. As is the installation of a gas water heater.

Not so with guns. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can own one. And hurt someone with it.

We need to regulate firearms so they become less dangerous.

It's a gorgeous fall day here in Iowa. I am planning on doing my parental duty today by playing hooky with one of my sons. I intend to take him out early from school today and teach him how to use a handgun. I have a S&W model 41, which is a good quality .22 automatic. We will go to a free public handgun range which is provided by the U.S. Army's Corps of Engineers. That is my idea of an appropriate government "regulation" of firearms which makes them less dangerous. The range was recently refurbished as part of an Eagle Scout's public service project and is quite nice. My son is 12, which is a good age for this activity.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The design of guns should be Federally regulated so they do not go off by accident, for example if the safety is on.

At least that would be a nice start.

Other products are tested and inspected. Why not guns?

We need to get Government involved in firearms. Like they are in liquor.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
All new handguns must meet a severe drop test with safety on or off and not discharge. Amonst others. They are VERY involved.

But before you continue the tirade, check the world murder rate. I'd rather be shot than be hacked with a sword or sharpened leaf spring.

Shot another feral, likely rabid cat from my balcony yesterday. More dangerous than Palins grizzly bears.

Then came home late and found my giant German Shepherd playing with either a fox or coyote in the yard. Guess he is bored. These we need to eat the cats.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I think all new handguns should be dropped in the trash.

There is simply no need for them.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west.jpg

Picture added by Terry

ian_gun_control.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Ian, if you admire well built American made brass pumps you would enjoy a S&W Model 41.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I bet none of the people that voted in the poll have ever come to the United States to see the continual blood bath and carnage that is a direct result of the second Amendment and strong pro-gun lobbies such as the NRA.

What's your excuse? We need to regulate guns like we regulate electrical panels.

If your name was John, you'd be called Johnny One Note
:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKhLGsoktDM

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Europe and America having about the same murder rate per 100,000, 4.5 and 5.5 - I say move to czech/slovakia - 1.7 and lots of good sausage and wildnerness and slivovitz. And those killings are mostly mafia and drunks in pubs.

Ian can go to South Africa with I think 45 per. Bring your brass M-16. And testes.

Rayh78

Reaction score
Not saying our system can be considered anywhere near good.
But, also would not say UK stress free. You have a lot of Doctors going private, so people can have the UK much higher tax rate and still pay. And you can wait a while for needed treatment.
What about when you go into a nursing home? Just like here, you have to first spend most of your life savings before the UK national health will pay for it. You can only have about 5 to 20K in assests. Dont remember the exact amounts.
Also, there is still at least a possibility guns could become popular in the UK after another 20 years or so.
With immigration in the UK in past few years, you also will see more and more gangs and drugs. The criminals will find a way over time to get their hands on guns. With enough money you can get just about anything. That portion of the population is increasing in the UK and you will see more of this.
Past couple of years London has already been seeing the high crime increase. And just like here. The government will sooner or later not be able to support the ever-increasing population on government assistance. And in the UK they even get a lot more benefits. Any country can handle a certain percentage, but there a limit on resources and you there is only so many paying taxes.
Then at least some people will want to defend themselves, and not have only criminals with the guns. Then the debate starts
Still a nice country, if you can ignore the weather of course.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
had my gun out today

I think all new handguns should be dropped in the trash.

There is simply no need for them.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west.jpg

Picture added by Terry

I will keep my gun Ian, thank you

I went to an extremely bad neighgorhood today to give an estimate.
I did not have warm fuzzy feelings when I got out of the truck , nasty looks from the porches around the home, people milling about on the sidewalks,
so I grabbed my 380 and put it in my pocket....

I went inside and kept an eye on the truck ....
the fellow whom I knew told me that on both sides of his home their had been murders and robberies that had gone down over the past three months.. and he had been broken into twice....

this was mostly a welfare section 8 neighborhood with very freindly people ....
basically your kind of people Ian...... all welfare folks...

when I left the home I waited till the "native population" on the streets and on the porches had dispersed...so their was less chance of a confrontation or anything that might make me have to defend myself.. (the gun only holds 6 rounds)

I dont care to look for trouble and I will avoid it at all cost,

Ian. when you need a gun and dont have one,
you will be singing a very different tune ........

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Unless you are under 5 feet tall Mark there is no need to own a gun.

Surely you can handle yourself?

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Recall "Raiders of the lost ark"? the scene where he is fighting some giant arab with a 4' long sword? decided that the pistol was the best way out, no time to fool with losing a arm or head. Best gun statement ever filmed.

When you are surrounded by 6] 300 pounders with 100 pound of gold chains on them and their pants at their knees, in their hood, you will need a 9 or 11 shot 9mm. Happiness is a warm gun, mama. Not a cane.

Last edited:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
I agree. And a good way to lower stress is to have good social safety nets (such as generous unemployment benefits), universal health care and free education.

You'd all be a lot more relaxed with those kind of things. So the rich would pay a little more tax but who really cares? I don't know anyone who is rich anyway. I doubt you do either.

Why does everyone in this country look out for the rich so much when so few people here are wealthy?

Ian, what do you propose we do with Greece, Italy and the other failed European states which have collapsed because no one there wants to work for a living. I propose that we leave their carcasses lie where they are so that we have a constant reminder of what overgenerous social programs can result in.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I guess I am a big pussey......

Unless you are under 5 feet tall Mark there is no need to own a gun.

Surely you can handle yourself?

Ian ...who said that they will fight fair like
they do in shitty old England???

I wish I was as tough as you ,
but I have had the shit beat out
of me before when I was younger .....
and I wont let it ever happen again...

I probably could not survive the same attack at
my present age and recover as quickly as
I did when I was in my late 20s..

broken ribs are fun Ian, you ought to try a few
on to see how you like laughing with them....

IAN you do know what it means to have the shit
beat out of you..... correct...??? basically you are so beat up
that the next morning you literally shit out everything
in your body....its actually your bodys way of starting
the healing process... oh what a fun suprise that is
to wake up to the next day.:mad::eek::eek:

as far as being cut up with Razors or knives,
I would rather not have to go one on one in a knife fight
either.....defensive wounds from knives are sometimes not repairable and many tendons in your hands and arms do not
ever heal again......

I would rather just point a gun at them and let them
make the decision as to wether they feel lucky or not..

well do you feel lucky.

:eek:

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I have confidence in passers by (especially Americans) and the police.

Besides, you are all way too paranoid here. Most of the violence is gang on gang.

There is no thuggery like there is in Europe.

Which means that you are all carrying guns needlessly. And guns breed guns.

I'd rather take my chances with any thug or group of thugs than have a shoot out.

You got beat up but you didn't die. And your family will be grateful for that even if you're not. Heck, we've all been beat up at one time or another.

Guns kill. And your statistics show that.

because no one there wants to work for a living.

Many Americans seriously entertain the idea that people would rather not work for a living. Have you ever seen the measly size of a welfare check? Can you seriously say that it's fun to be unemployed?

People want to work. They want dignity. And if that means giving them a helping hand when times are rough, so be it.

The approach here seems to be to treat people like animals. No work, no food.

Just what are the churches teaching Americans here?

Tax the churches.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Many Americans want to work, but have no clue HOW to work, raised by gerbels and cockroaches, whose babysitters put them on a deranged video game 8 hours a day.

Then they expect 18$ an hour to operate a smart wrench to bolt up a car door thats hanging from a robot. They'll do it faster and quieter in Brazil for 4$ an hour.

Ask for a phillips screwdriver and they bring you a crowbar.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Many Americans want to work, but have no clue HOW to work, raised by gerbels and cockroaches, whose babysitters put them on a deranged video game 8 hours a day.

Then they expect 18$ an hour to operate a smart wrench to bolt up a car door thats hanging from a robot. They'll do it faster and quieter in Brazil for 4$ an hour.

Ask for a phillips screwdriver and they bring you a crowbar.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
That's why this country needs to focus on education to give its children the best start in life.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks