This is how it's done in England....look no guns

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Like it or not, it becomes very easy to identify the bad guys if they are the only ones with the guns.

If a cop stops me there, I get out of my car.

Here I would get shot.

Regulate guns. They are dangerous. Especially for law enforcement.

In 2005/6 the police in England and Wales reported 50 gun homicides. By way of international comparison, in 2004 the police in the United States reported 9,326 gun homicides.

And your country is just five times bigger than mine. Do the math.

Guns are for cowards. Not many ordinary people are willing to kill with their own hands.

Last edited:

Asktom

Reaction score
Guns? Folks in my county got guns. Can't say it always makes me feel safe and secure though.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/1...-and-anti-semites-find-home-in-the-tea-party/

(Yeah, yeah, the article has an agenda. I didn't even look at the links. However, everything in the article referring to people &/or events that happened in the nearby town of Hamilton concurs with what I saw with my own eyes, read in the local newspapers or heard second hand - before this was written.)

Just sayin'

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Another American exercising his rights under the Second Amendment.

It is time to separate Americans from their Constitution if this is what is happening here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
This is from the stressed out society we live in. This could be any county,not just ours. This is so sad. And, so unfortunate.

This is the time of the year, when for so many times are not happy. People who have never lost anything, a person, a job, at this time of the year doesn't realize how hard it is.

This is for me, the hardest time of the year. If I explained, no one would really care, or even understand.

But, for that man who died, his family, the people in the room, my heart goes out to all of them.

Guns, Ian, is not what kills. That is what you got wrong. That is what no matter how good your heart is you may never understand.

What needs fixed is what lies underneath. Any weapon of choice to act on will work. It can be guns, sticks, bombs, anything, those are just the tools, it is what causes those to do the acts that needs addressed.

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
Chris Rock had an interesting idea!

Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost $5,000. Because if a bullet cost $5,000, we wouldn't have any innocent bystanders. That'd be it. Every time someone gets shot, people will be like, ''Damn, he must have did something. S**t, they put $20,000 worth of bullets in his ass.'' People would think before they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $5,000. ''Man, l would blow your f**king head off, if l could afford it. l'm gonna get me another job, l'm gonna start saving some money, and you're a dead man! You better hope l can't get no bullets on layaway.''

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yes, he did have a point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
You can eliminate all the nukes and weapons in the world, but if a person wants to harm another, he will find a way.

The solution is to eliminate the thought process which makes them want to do it in the beginning.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The solution is to eliminate the thought process which makes them want to do it in the beginning.

I always knew Capitalist America and Communist Russia were one and the same.

Cookie

Reaction score
HA. Not what I meant at all, now... I thought you were smart enough to understand.
We need a less stressful existence. It could start in elementary school. For one, American could stop doing so-called, Achievement tests and then,applying those grades in comparision to test results in China, where kids go to school 7 days a week, 12 hour days; where, the suicide rate is high. Stress takes its toll.

There are many ways to eliminate negative things in society, but reducing the pressure is a good place to start. Then, the need and desire for aggression would diminish as would, the wants for a weapon.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I agree. And a good way to lower stress is to have good social safety nets (such as generous unemployment benefits), universal health care and free education.

You'd all be a lot more relaxed with those kind of things. So the rich would pay a little more tax but who really cares? I don't know anyone who is rich anyway. I doubt you do either.

Why does everyone in this country look out for the rich so much when so few people here are wealthy?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You can eliminate all the nukes and weapons in the world, but if a person wants to harm another, he will find a way

Like in the UK were only criminals can own guns.
If a regular citizen gets pushed over the line they whip out a knife and stab you to death...

Only the method changes the end result is the same...

Somebody Dies!

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
99% of all the cowardly Americans that own guns would not have the guts to attack someone using a knife.

That is my point.

Guns depersonalize the killer from the killing. That is why they are for cowards.

I quite like Americans. I just don't like seeing them shoot each other.

So regulate guns. Like you regulate water heaters. And everything will be fine. And American boys will be braver.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
England will have to eventually change, as terrorism progresses, which it will.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
No country would ever choose to legalize guns after the slaughter we continue to see in the United States where gun ownership is allowed.

Those awful terrorists can only dream of being able to kill the amount of Americans that Americans manage to kill themselves.

9/11 was a puny 3000 American lives in comparison. There are more than three times more American homicides involving guns every year!

Yes, that's three 9/11s involving Americans killing other Americans....every year! And you just sit back and watch.

It looks like America is quite happy for Americans to kill Americans but when it's Muslims doing the killing they start to have a problem.

Weird eh?

So, no, on this one the English will not follow. We'll pass on the guns, thanks. You have taught the world a very valuable lesson through your stupidity. And in case we might forget, you continue to demonstrate it. With 10,000 lives, needlessly lost year after year.

Ban the NRA. Ban the Tea Party. And regulate guns like you do water heaters and airport security. Remember....that's three 9/11s every year caused by your silly Second Amendment. I say it's about time we Amended that Amendment!

I really like American people. Why do Americans not value their own lives? Is it the churches? What are they teaching you there? That shooting people is OK? I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Hmm... look how many lives an airplane was capable of taking being used as a weapon of choice.

Remember the aftermath of it all.Not just the deaths. People who will suffer emotionally and physicially due to the terror of it, and to the release of toxic materials in the air. No, Ian, you cannot compare 911 to guns. No country is immuned to what happened that day, any country could be next. Too bad, no one aboard those planes didn't have a gun. The results could had been different.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Thankfully, owning a Boeing 747 is regulated in the US. As is the installation of a gas water heater.

Not so with guns. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can own one. And hurt someone with it.

We need to regulate firearms so they become less dangerous.

And I bet those school board members have been as emotionally affected as any 9/11 hero.

Thanks to one man and the Second Amendment.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
No comparison. If one man would had a gun aboard those planes, think how many lives that one gun would had saved. Think of how much suffering it would had saved. How can anyone ever forget people jumping to their deaths? and, the video of the dancing in the streets, after they saw the footage of us Americans on 911.

Anything can be a weapon. Even a shoe. Remember the shoe bomber? What next, ban shoes?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks