Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A Sam's Club toilet.
Like most product from Costco or Sam's Club, we have no idea what parts may be in it.
And when the plumber or the homeowner needs parts, where do they find them?
Most products like these are purchased in a small lot, maybe a closeout buy. When they disappear from the shelves, it may be the last you see of them.
A good question would be, what are the parts, and where would you find them?

Attachments

• alexis toilet.jpg
    alexis toilet.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 31,597

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Costco/Sam's Club

Have you noticed how quickly things disappear from their shelves, especially if you decide it is something you would like to purchase again? The only things that stick around are their house brands.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
the installation instructions say that the parts are available at any plumbing warehouse.
I work with seven plumbing warehouses, and sometimes shop at the hardware stores,

I've never seen that part.

I just went to Home Depot the other day to look for parts for one of their house brands.

NO LUCK

If Home Depot doesn't carry parts for their brand, they aren't going to carry parts for this.
If you buy this, keep the paper work, and get it from the manufacturer.
Nobody else is going to have it.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

There are few, if any, push button flush toilets that use "standard" parts and those that do have the push button do not even use "interchangeable" parts in most cases.

Probedude

Reaction score
Per the manual, the flush mechanism looks similar to the Toto Aquia.

The Toto parts would need to be sourced from a plumber vs Home Depot also, no?

(though the Alexis would not be carried from a plumbing store I suspect)

alexis_flush_valve.jpg

The Alexis is not like the Aquia, totally different sizing
added by Terry

Consumer report on the new toilets

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Alexis is carried by a Sams Club,
Not Home Depot.
Places like Walmart, Costco, Sams Club will buy containers of cheap products.
When the container is sold off the shelves, it's gone.
These are not hardware stores.
It's like clothing.
When you bring a shirt home, you can't go back six months later and find another one like it.
And that's just how it is.
When you need the part, try going back and getting one.
Good Luck.

The parts in the Alexis are not like those of the Aquia.

I've never seen parts like those.
It has two buttons, but that's about it.
You would need to contact Sam's Club for parts.
Or the manufacturer.

Toto is the largest plumbing manufacturer in the world.
TOTO is "sold" by plumbers.
You can get most parts for Toto from hardware stores like Lowes.
Plumbing supplies also carry parts for Toto.
The Aquia dual flush valve is a generic like those seen with other manufacturers, but not like the Alexis.

Last edited:

nickj

Reaction score
These are made or distibuted by Quality Craft.
I guess it still doesn't matter if you can't get parts. My sister has purchased a couple of these from Sam's and they have been working well for her.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Notice that Quality Craft is advising how many "pieces per container". That is your tip off that these are coming in by BOATLOAD.

That flushvalve is a monster, and I would love for someone to ask Sam's or the manufacturer how to get parts for that, or a flush handle set, etc.

Consumer report on the new toilets

theplumber

Reaction score
I had a customer have me put in 2 of those for them. Those damn things come w/ the crappiest closet bolts I've ever seen. They aren't even the standard size. The angle stop in the package as well, went straight into the trash. Good luck finding parts when you need them.

There just is nothing that beats the good old Norris flapper design for reliability and cost effective repairs.

GuineaPigZed

Reaction score
Quality Craft Dual flush toilet vs Plumbers and parts

Hello out there in toilet land ! I found this thread by mistake. However after reading it, I have decided to purchase two of these water devices.
Why? Cost, pure and simple math. Sams' wants $101.84 a piece. The currant toilet that I have now, runs on periodically. The replacement valve at my local hardware cost $14.00. My time to put it in, and I have a repaired used toilet.
No warranty or guarantee at all. Quality Craft, 5 yr on fittings, 20 on ceramics.
( I plan to move in 3.5 years ) So in say 4 years it will cost me ( 365 x 4 = 1460 days ) less than $3.00 a month. I won't cost my time. ( I'm retired. )
So if it stops working in the next 4 years, I'll get replacement parts from the manufacturer for free. Or Sams' club will refund my money.
Mind, I'll be first to let you know if the machine does not work as advertised.

PS I found the registration frustrating, as the random question was ( Is ice hot or cold? ) Not knowing there was a right or wrong answer, I thought this was a simple Zen Question. Ice is neither hot or cold. Those are your perceptions of reality. So would the answer not be ( No )?

Yes, that would be a tough question for some. Only a logical person would know that when the temperature drops, ice starts to form. But that wouldn't indicate cold, because ice is both hot and cold. The next expectation would be for hell to freeze over, because things would need to even out, even though there is no such thing, and what a silly question. Just like buying stuff at Sames, that's a smart plumbing choice too, it's just a matter of perception really. Surely Sams caters to only the finest quality products and to the most savvy customers.

toopooped

Reaction score
Alexis Dual Flush toilet replacement parts found

I was curious about these replacement parts as well so I emailed them, and they said to call their customer service at 1-800-459-4409. The flush valve cylinder is $25, but they are in Canada so the shipping is $20 for one or even two of them. Someone might be able to make a few bucks buying these in bulk and selling the parts on an online auction site in a few years when these start breaking. I'm thinking of trying out one of these toilets. If they work well I'd probably buy 2-3 of them and buy a couple of these flush valves in advance. That's not a bad price for what looks like a complicated part.

So has anyone actually seen one of these in action? How forceful is the flush action?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I wasn't under the impression that the Cheipsheit Brass & Crockery Works in Zhangshou, China hasn't making these valves but a couple of months since they lost Mattel over the lead paint deal....

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What I'm asking is do you have one for the Quality Craft Alexis Toilet
I linked in my page above that is an exact fit?
For some reason customer don't seem to want me making extensive modifications. They just want a bolt in part...

Joe Brok

Reaction score
Thanks for the link but I don't see any pics of the dual flush valve.
I need to know the hight of the flush valve as well as the size of the outlet.
If it already has push buttons there's no modification required.It'll bolt right in.

alexis_flush_valve.jpg

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
I was curious about these replacement parts as well so I emailed them, and they said to call their customer service at 1-800-459-4409. The flush valve cylinder is $25, but they are in Canada so the shipping is $20 for one or even two of them. Someone might be able to make a few bucks buying these in bulk and selling the parts on an online auction site in a few years when these start breaking. I'm thinking of trying out one of these toilets. If they work well I'd probably buy 2-3 of them and buy a couple of these flush valves in advance. That's not a bad price for what looks like a complicated part.

So has anyone actually seen one of these in action? How forceful is the flush action?

A good/reputable company would cover the shipping costs and even the price of the parts if there was a defect. There should be no questions asked either.

Maybe costco/sams etc. should sell a big pallet of replacement parts right beside the toilets so that people can have replacement parts for the next 10 years.

Probedude

Reaction score
A good/reputable company would cover the shipping costs and even the price of the parts if there was a defect. There should be no questions asked either.

He didn't ask what they would do for defective parts, he doesn't even own one yet.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks for the link but I don't see any pics of the dual flush valve.
I need to know the hight of the flush valve as well as the size of the outlet.
If it already has push buttons there's no modification required.It'll bolt right in.

Right...
Not even a part number...
I'll stick with the Toto Auqua III

lindrix

Reaction score
foofanu

I'm seeing a lot of opinions on Chinese manufacturers, what should or should not be included, cheapness of bolts, availability, plus "You get what you pay for" on another thread I started. The folks posting all these opinions don't have and wouldn't touch one of these Sam's Club toilets.

Yet anyone that's actually installed and uses one of these toilets says they like it. Yeah the bolts are cheap and the seat needs to be replaced but overall, bang-for-buck seems to be pretty good. Reports that I've seen say no or few clogs and good strong flush.

And that's just it. $100 from a store that takes returns easily and indeed, can and will get parts vs $300+ from a specialty plumbing store that will not take returns. This toilet is in stock at Sam's Club and has been around for at least three years.

Now I don't want to get between a man and his (Toto) toilet but it seems there's a reluctance to actually consider a lower priced efficient alternative and almost a primitive *need* to spend a lot of money in the bathroom.

Heck. Replace the bolts for $3. Replace the seat for $25 or use your older seat. Yes, one toilet in a house, get a Drake, but more than one toilet? C'mon that is a lot of money!

I'd really like to see an honest review by one of the experts rather than a lot of foofanu about bulk shipments and cheap bolts. Isn't this a review forum?

thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's hard to be serious about something that comes in a container, and may never be seen again.

And if we were to buy one, review it, it may be the last of that batch.
Sort of like reviewing this years apple crop.

Next season, it's a whole new crop.

And you're right, if you don't mind replacing parts for a new toilet, and love hanging out at home centers doing needless repairs, then it might be a good choice for the "must rebuild" it guy.

I'm still getting calls from the Costco toilet people, wondering how to get parts for those.
I don't think there are any parts.

Last edited:

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
I would rather spend a few (or a lot) more dollars today then have to later replace my toilet just because the manufacturer of the internals stopped making the parts. The longest guarantee in the world or even the best retailer in the world is no help if the parts are no longer available.

Or maybe some people like removing and replacing their toilets every few years. Even a "free" toilet gets to be pretty darn expensive if it has to be replaced every couple of years because a simple three-dollar part is no longer made.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks