venting sink

Users who are viewing this thread

lorraine

Reaction score
I am remodeling a bathroom and I want to move the sink to another wall; opposite the toilet wall. I am wondering about how to vent the drain. Is there a way I can put in an in-line vent that vents in the wall?...or can I vent it out an exterior wall? I am on the second floor of a three flat so I don't have access to the roof for draining. what is the easiest way to do this????

thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

The easiest way and the correct way are not always the same. You have other tenants living above you so you cannot stick it out the wall. Pressure from water draining above your unit could pressurize your trap and make it spit water out at you if you use an AAV.

lorraine

Reaction score
aav vent

I am still trying to come up with a solution for the vent. I want to do it the right way. Can I use a mechanical vent in the wall for venting? I heard positive things about them. any feedback?
thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
aav

YOu will hear "positive things" about them from the manufacturers and guys who use them in order to avoid doing the job "right". Those of us who work with plumbing on a continual basis know that there are situations where they are about the only solution, but also realize that under certain conditions they are the same as having no vent at all. The original concept behind the AAV was that you would install a vent system and then use the AAV as the final piece of it. In your case a plumber would either design some way to get your vent back to the vent stack, and there is more than one way to do it, or use an AAV as a last resort.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks