Tie-in Laundry Sink to Washing Machine Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

mikenl

Reaction score
Hey,

I have little experience besides changing existing plumbing so I am a bit lost trying to figure out how to add a drain for a laundry room sink to my existing plumbing. I initially thought of adding a wye to the main 3" line above the existing wye for the washing machine drain but I couldn't figure out how to fit a wye into the existing plumbing or whether it would be too high to drain into.

There doesn't seem to be much room to work with as there is a cleanout at floor level then the wye for the washing machine drain after it.

Any input on what my options are here would be greatly appreciated! Thank in advance
20230401_205435.jpg

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. I will leave advice on the waste piece to the plumbers. I would recommend you buy a crimper or cinch tool to save some money, decrease the probability of leaks, and make things look a little more tidy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks