Tankless w/external circulator

Users who are viewing this thread

Daniel Collick

Still learning.
Reaction score
Website
www.bestrooterservice.com
Is there a gas fired condensing tankless unit, with top mounted water connections, that works well with an external circulation pump?
I like the top connections that are available in one of the Noritz lines, but none of them have a built in circulator.
I know Noritz is one of several manufacturers that have a model with a built in circulator, but I can’t a model with a built in circulator that has top water connections.
Anyone doing this without using a small storage/buffer tank?

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Noritz is the only manufacturer I know of that makes top connection models with their EZ series. They do not have a built in pump, but you can use an external pump with them. The purpose of a buffer tank is to eliminate the cold water sandwich effect, and is optional on the noritz EZ series when using an external recirculation pump. So you don't have to use a buffer tank unless cold water sandwich is an issue.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the add on. Just change piping and go with a condensing Noritz or better IMHO Navien. 95%+ efficiency and

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks