Solving long dead legs

Users who are viewing this thread

engineerium

Reaction score
I am in the process of remodeling a 12x22 room, which used to be "the master bathroom" (although never finished and absurd from the start). The biggest problem I have is what to do with the water lines for the double sinks at one end of the room.

PXL_20240211_223900269.jpg

The tub lines at the other are getting re-routed to a single sink next to the shower and toilet, which is becoming it's own small but reasonable bathroom. But what to do with the lines for these old sinks?

I don't believe I can just cap them because of the bacteria risk (well water). But I have been borescoping to try to find the T and haven't found it within the bounds of the accessible subfloor.Under the house, I found the 3/4" main line that feeds into them (using temperature of the pipes), but it just as obviously supplies quite a bit more than what I want to remove.

So... options? Even thinking creatively, like installing a fountain on the wall that would allow the water to flow through those lines. The room is going to be the kids play room though, so I don't know that ANY water fixture is going to be a good idea.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks