Removing Delta 2710 tub faucet trim

Users who are viewing this thread

sleipnir

Reaction score
I posted this same question at DIYchatroom but realized it might make more sense to post in a plumbing specific forum...I've done quite a bit of searching and have not been able to come up with a definite answer, so any help would be appreciated!

I have a Delta tub faucet which would have been installed in 1994. I am 99% sure the model is 2710 as it looks just like this:

https://media.deltafaucet.com/PartsD..._2710_2711.pdf

delta-2710-spout.jpg

The entire faucet assembly is kind of loose, so I wanted to remove the faucet trim it to see if there is anything I can tighten without having to gain access to the underside of the tub (that would require removing tiles or possibly gaining access through drywall in another room). I removed the set screw on the back of the faucet, but I was not able to pull the faucet off with a moderate amount of force.

I called Delta, and the lady I spoke with told me that it is not possible to remove this faucet trim kit without accessing the underside. She said it was due to the way the gasket is mounted. In looking at the PDF (link above), this does not make sense to me as it looks like the gasket is simply clipped on to the trim with two small clips.

I am not sure how the anti swivel screw is mounted though, so maybe that is what she was referring to.

In any case, has anyone here removed a faucet like this before? Do I truly need to access the underside, or is it possible that I need to use more force to remove it?

If I need to access the underside, then what is the point of the set screw on the back of the faucet trim?

Thanks in advance!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a client trying to update the finish on their old delta tub too... Just got this info back from my local Delta rep.

"If it has a set screw on the Roman tub spout it will convert to any new trim Delta sells. "

(below is irrelevant info regarding similar 80's era shower valves)

"If the shower trim handle rotates it is the old 600 series trim.

If it goes form the 3 o’clock position to 11 o’clock position it is the older R1300 rough and any new trim 1300/1400 series trim will fit but will need an older cartridge

Rp19804"

If we do this work, I will update

Tub Filler.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks