Pressure tank t-fitting identification help

Users who are viewing this thread

Jalva310

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to the forum! We have two brass PEX fittings that have somehow cracked and are starting to drip so I need to get this done as soon as I can. I’m no expert when it comes to plumbing but I am fairly handy and can follow a set of instructions.

I’m trying trying to identify these fittings. I can’t seem to match them up with any fittings. PEX pipe is 1” if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_8602.jpeg
    IMG_8602.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 39

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to the forum! We have two brass PEX fittings that have somehow cracked and are starting to drip so I need to get this done as soon as I can.
Can you see a crack with water leaking from the crack, or do you just see water leaking?

If there is a crack to the left of the hex, you might encircle the area with a worm gear hose clamp to prevent the crack from widening while you get a replacement fitting.

Are any of the pipes galvanized steel (will attract a magnet)?

Jalva310

Reaction score
Can you see a crack with water leaking from the crack, or do you just see water leaking?
There is a definitive crack, it occurred on each of the female fittings on both sides of the t-fitting. Weird but I got with a local plumbing supplier who has these Rehau fittings and the everloc+ sleeves in stock so I’m just gonna snip the PEX pipe back behind the used fitting, get those off of the T-fitting and pop the new ones on. He has a everloc+ tool for rent that he can rent out to me.

I started this search after a local plumbing company quoted me $2300 to replace two fittings… I’m not sure if this is a normal price for plumbing work but that sounds rediculous to me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks