Plumbing design for reducing hot water time

Users who are viewing this thread

Rossn

Reaction score
As in another post, I had been considering two DHW recirculation pumps for the two different sides of my house, and have come to the conclusion that on the West side, I may be better off seeing if I can reduce the length, diameter, and possibly use a trunk system to address some of the 'mild' hot water supply issues

Assuming copper, how would you recommend plumbing the below areas to minimize hot water delivery time, without sacrificing pressure and volume?

Today, the only real issue is the shower and lav in the SW corner downstairs that takes about 30 seconds to get hot water via 3/4" Kitec PEX-AL-PEX (can't explain that one) that runs along the S wall. Could a 1/2" line amply supply a shower and lav?

Almost all the other fixtures are 1/2" PEX, many of which are home runs. Side-arm is the circle next to the boiler. Kitchen sink location in the lower right corner.

Upstairs:

remodel_west_plumbing_upper.jpg

Downstairs:

remodel_west_plumbing_lower.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks