New house, 55+ community, cookie-cutter designs... can't FIND the irrigation BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Reece

Reaction score
Website
latelifebiker.com
There are 45 nearly identical homes (in footprint anyway) with identical Hunter irrigation systems. Warm we3ather climate (Atlanta) with shallow buried irrigation piping. Homes are on slabs... no basements or crawl spaces. Three front-yard access boxes (water meter, whole-house shutoff, irrigation feed shutoff). I've searched all around my house and two others and cannot locate the blow back preventer so I can winterize my sprinkler system.
Any ideas? Thanx.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
the irrigation valves aree all burried as well? could be a stop and waste valve that when closed opens a drain how the water system is protected is a mystery, I think ask around neighbors , builder , the city or water department etc. Kinda hard to know we do stuff differant in differant regions . it might even just have a check valve buried but how to winterize is still an issue

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's either another yard box, or something protruding from the house, or it's non existent. Could be it was never installed and it's meant to drain back to the shut off.

Reach4

Reaction score
Good chance to talk to the neighbors.

If they don't know, but have a service do theirs, consider using that service, at least for the first year.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
true a stop and waste could be on the low point close that valve and open sprikler valves might be the way.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Winterizing an irrigation is performed with compressed air or a drain valve at the lowest elevation as suggested by Jeff Young.

ThomasWalsh

Reaction score
The mystery of the irrigation BFP adds a twist! Ever thought about discussing it with neighbors or the community management? They might have some insider knowledge. And hey, speaking of navigating new territory, ever considered seeking some Mortgage Advice Cambridge for smooth financial sailing? Cheers to finding that elusive BFP and making the most of your new home adventure!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks