Navien NPE-240A E438 Code

Users who are viewing this thread

Dsmithkma

Reaction score
Hello -

I have a Navien NPE-240A tankless water heater that was installed in 2018. It is displaying an E438 code. I inspected the check valve and it is damaged and needs replacing.

My question is there a way to bypass the circulation pump temporarily until the new check valve comes in? I would like, at least, hot water until the part arrives, even if it means taking 2-3 minutes for hot water to arrive at the fixture.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks you.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Here's the manual pg19 & 27 if u have a return line a valve has to be cut in and dip switches 1 - 2 - 3 have to be turned off.

Dsmithkma

Reaction score
Here's the manual pg19 & 27 if u have a return line a valve has to be cut in and dip switches 1 - 2 - 3 have to be turned off.

Thank you for the response and manual. I tried this but it did not work. It seems Navien has a design flaw that should allow bypassing of the circulation pump for "emergency" heating until the pump can be replaced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks