Navien NCB-250/150H Recirculation

Users who are viewing this thread

r2digital

Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting ready to install this combi boiler but I have a few questions about recirculation on the DHW side. 3 techs from navien gave me 3 different answers so im hoping someone here can clarify. I want to ensure that I have hot water available as quickly as possible at all of the taps. With that being said I have a 2100 sq ft house built in 1999 without a dedicated return line and with a 50' maximum distance of piping between the DHW and the furthest faucets. What would be the best and quickest way to get hot water? I would like to mention that with the 40 gallon water heater i have now it takes about 30-45 seconds to get hot water at the shower so i guess if i can get water in the same amount of time or less that would be acceptable also. As far as setup goes should I use the combi pre heat function with internal recirculation or should I get a navicirc or similiar thermal bypass valve in combination with a external circulator pump and set the unit to External recirculation. Maybe theres another method that might work best for my situation? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks