More Navien CH-240 Navien boiler issues

Users who are viewing this thread

ERL

Reaction score
I have installed a CH-240 Navien Combi-boiler and am having two problems. There are two error codes:

E002 and E010. They are not necessarily linked in time. Either occurs intermittently and power-off reset always solves the immediate problem. The low water pressure error is a mystery. Installation is as per the Navien manual. I am using the auto-fill that initially was fed through a backflow preventer and a pressure regulator. Navien tech said that I should remove the 15 lb pressure regulator and run from standard pressure (60 lb). When running the pressure normally varies from 16 to 20. But sometimes the pressure will rise to 27 (not high enough to shut the unit off), and drop to under 7 that requires a reset. There are NO water leaks anywhere. Could it be the expansion tank? I seem to vent quite a bit of air. The E010 problem would seem to indicate a pressure problem between the air intake and output. I live in the North Country of NY and have been told by others that at very cold outside temps the density may be such that there is a pressure block. The condensate drain is not clogged. They suggest bypassing the air pressure sensor. I am an engineer and could easily do this, but there must be some other way. I am NOT using the outside sensor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks