Leaking outside fauct

Users who are viewing this thread

Steven Hammer

Reaction score
Hello, I live in Florida, concrete block house. water faucet on front porch we have never used until recently (closed for at least 7 or 8 years). It had a slight leak onto front porch. Then I found sheet rock behind it wet. Removed wall where pipe should run. There is a 2" pvc line that runs out of the wall to the front and elbows down into the concrete slab, no idea where it goes. I always thought it was a drain line. Inside the wall there is a T right behind where the water faucet line should come in, with the bottom end running outside to the Elbow on front porch and the other end running up inside the wall to the attic I am guessing.

I have never seen a water line run like this, most of our water lines in the house are 1/2 or 3/4 pvc, built in 1974. nothing besides drain lines are 2" pvc.

So I have no idea if this is actually the connection for the outside faucet or if the line somehow runs inside the 2 inch pipe for protection???
Haven't found leak yet either...
Any insight would be great!

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_6792.JPG
    IMG_6792.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6793.JPG
    IMG_6793.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 132

Steven Hammer

Reaction score
Addition: the inside pipe is actually 1 1/4 not 2". When I knock on it, the upper section from the T (inside) sounds hollow like there may b a pipe inside of it, but the section below feels soild, which may be because its a shorter section with no movement but the sound is different like its solid.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks