Converting metal tub tailpiece to PVC

Users who are viewing this thread

DKenn08

Reaction score
I purchased a Princeton Americast w/ Integral Overflow to ease the plumbing aspect of it. Seems to be a bad choice as of right now. I've run into finding the right adapter piece to convert the metal tub tailpiece to PVC slip to connect to drain. Will someone point me in the right direction? I found an adapter at Home Depot but the threads don't mesh.

In the installation manual it says final hook up to tub waste can be made using internal threads in tailpiece (1 1/2 tubing 1 1/2--28thd.) or external threads on tailpiece (1 1/2--11-1/2 npsm) for appropriate tub fittings.

Thanks for any help.

viral

Reaction score
I recently bought the same tub. Was told it is easier to install... What was your solution? Is it holding up?

DKenn08

Reaction score
I recently bought the same tub. Was told it is easier to install... What was your solution? Is it holding up?
Tub went in fine and yes, the integral overflow helped the install.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks