Boiler Temperature

Users who are viewing this thread

RetiredMT

Reaction score
How do I know what to set the boiler temperature at for my radiant heat? I know the floor manufacturer states 80 degrees F. But what would I set the boiler temp at?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Depends on floor coverings and design. A wood floor 80° but need to check with the floor manufacturer. A well design floor 5 - 10° over setpoint. Set at room temp 70° 80° water.

Dustbunny

Reaction score
On my radiant floor system, the boiler does what it wants and the temperature of the zones are controlled by a mixing valve in each one.

Do you have mixing valves ?

RetiredMT

Reaction score
On my radiant floor system, the boiler does what it wants and the temperature of the zones are controlled by a mixing valve in each one.

Do you have mixing valves ?
I don't know. But the installer left the boiler to heat to 125 F.

Dustbunny

Reaction score
What kind of boiler ? Gas/oil ? Condensing or not ?

There are lots of ways to run different set ups. Can you take a picture and post it ?

RetiredMT

Reaction score
What kind of boiler ? Gas/oil ? Condensing or not ?

There are lots of ways to run different set ups. Can you take a picture and post it ?
Sorry, I guess that WOULD help. This is a 3 year old Lochinvar propane boiler. The model is WHB155n. Also not sure if it matters, but I live at 8000 feet.

Attachments

• 20221231_074426.jpg
    20221231_074426.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20221231_074439.jpg
    20221231_074439.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 72
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks