Kohler K-10129-4, Bathtub filler not switching from wand

Users who are viewing this thread

Spfrancis

Reaction score
I"m using a tub which has been there for a while, but it has not been used for over a year or 2. My fear is that the original plumber may not have put the filler together correctly. I'm trying to figure out what may be doing on . I took a picture of the actual filler. On the right side there is a cylindrical fitting that seems to slide 1/4inch up and down, but doesn't seem to divert the water to the tub filler. The water only stays on the wand, and the metal fitting will not stay on the up setting. Any thoughts on how this mechanism works, or what to look at?

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 420

Reach4

Reaction score
If you posted a wider-view photo, somebody (not me) might have a better chance of recognizing what you have.

Spfrancis

Reaction score
So the model is the Koehler K-10129-4. I just spoke to Koehler Customer service, and it sounds like they think it is the diverter. They said that the diverter is backordered, but that it will be in in 3 weeks. They will ship one out. When I searched a little bit on internet for this problem, and i sounds like other folks have had issues with the diverter stopped working after a while. I guess it is worth trying to change that and see if it fixes the problem. Koehler seems good about sending something out to fix the problem.
https://www.amazon.com/KOHLER-K-10129-4-CP-Purist-Floor-Mount-Polished/dp/B0047TTO34

I have have to wait a while to see if this will fix the problem.

k-10129-4-cp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Spfrancis

Reaction score
Hey question for anyone who may know more about this filler model. I'm not sure what will come in this diverter kit, but I'm wondering if the diverter can be changed without the water being turned off coming into the house? Or is keeping off the water on the lever for the filler enough to keep water from hitting the diverter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks