Search results

1. Warren P

Unsatisfactory sediment removal

Hi, I'm back with a follow-up report. For hurricane Iota (two hurricanes in three weeks, yikes) what I did was flocculate the incoming turbid water in the first, ground level tank, and let it clarify before pumping it to the elevated tank for distribution to the house. Works great! One of these...
  2. Warren P

Flocculation, that's a good idea! I'll visit the local well service company Monday and see if they sell flocculant, provide testing, and/or can give any advice. I had hoped to do some initial experimentation with grocery store alum but sadly the local store doesn't carry it. In the meantime the...
  3. Warren P

I actually did drain, clean, and refill the ground level tank with clean water before the hurricane came, knowing that the city water was going to be dirty for a while. I did confirm during installation, and again afterward, that I got the inlet and outlets set up right. I see what you mean and...
  4. Warren P

That's a good thought and I wish the plumbing of this house wasn't such an undocumented mess. Street water goes to a ground level storage tank, is pumped to an elevated tank, and is gravity fed to the house. If that was all, I could probably rely on much of the sediment settling out in the two...
  5. Warren P

Using a bucket as in the photo, initially I can see faint swirls in the suspended sediment as water enters the bucket. After just a few minutes fine silt-like sediment begins to settle. After 24 hours the water appears to the naked eye to be just as dirty as ever though there is more sediment at...
  6. Warren P

The average temperature here is about 30 C = 86 F, so all we have or need is a tankless heater for the shower. There's never been any filter upstream from them, so the heater and shower head do need to be cleaned out periodically, and what comes out of the shower head today is pretty dirty...
  7. Warren P

I use city water, which is sourced from surface water and heavy rains can load it with a lot of sediment. Right now it has so much sediment that washing clothes gets them dirtier, as I inadvertently discovered to my wife's annoyance (thanks for nothing, Hurricane Eta). So I installed an inline...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks