Search results

1. Radio Flyer

Need individual vents for shower & vanity connected to Saniflo toilet?

I’m installing a Saniflo upflush toilet with shower and vanity connected. The shower trap arm will be shorter than 5 ft., and the pump unit will be vented as required. The folks at Saniflo told me that with trap arms that short, I don't have to individually vent the shower and vanity drain...
  2. Radio Flyer

Toilet with only upstream dry vent. Now what?

I think I can manage that! Thank you. Wayne's idea is also helpful, though since I'm up against a rim joist in the corner of the house, it would be difficult. Again, thank you for the help!
  3. Radio Flyer

Toilet with only upstream dry vent. Now what?

Filed under "stuff in my house then doesn't seem right" is this toilet DWV setup. The toilet flange connects to the wye you see, and the line is vented just upstream. Again, the only venting on this line is upstream from all fixtures, including the toilet. You can just barely see the vent...
  4. Radio Flyer

Closet Bend to Connect 3” Main Line to 4” Soil Stack?

So far, so good. Thanks again for all the help on this!
  5. Radio Flyer

Hey, that looks perfect! Thanks! For the horizontal line along the concrete wall, I hope to have the line touching the concrete so I can then fur out the wall just beyond the depth of the PVC fittings and install drywall. (Keeping the wall thin so it won't project beyond the side of the picture...
  6. Radio Flyer

I'm thinking I'll go with the 4x4x3 Santee you suggested as the simplest option. I found a 4-in flush cleanout adapter that will accept a 3-in flush cleanout plug, so the height will be only about an inch more than the closet bend. I feel the closet bend COULD work, but the cleanout would be...
  7. Radio Flyer

Short sections of non-oxygen barrier PEX okay in baseboard system?

Thanks, everyone! I think the squeaks when the heat is off are coming from very minor flexing in the floor joists. It's tiny, but enough to create a squeak between the PEX and wood. I like dustbunny's idea of using wire loom rather than foam pipe insulation. That might be cheaper and easier to...
  8. Radio Flyer

Wow, that was some quick calculating! Thanks! I'll take a look at the Charlotte catalog.
  9. Radio Flyer

Thank you both. For a medium 90, that would require a 4 in. 90 elbow and then a reducer for the 3-in line coming in., I guess. I hoped maybe the closet bend would keep things even lower to the ground, but maybe Reach4's idea of a sanitary tee is just as low and would provide the cleanout all...
  10. Radio Flyer

Thanks. Do I need to insulate the PEX between the first and second floors? I kind of assumed that having the hot PEX between floors was sort of like a heated floor element and that the heat would just make its way into the level above. Does that sound right? Insulating all of it would be a much...
  11. Radio Flyer

Yeah, it seemed strange to me, too. I have cut some access holes already, and if you reach in and hold on to the PEX, the squeaks in the floor go away. Crazy!
  12. Radio Flyer

Here's another view. Again, thanks for any input on this.
  13. Radio Flyer

I’ve installed a new picture window directly in front of my main-line-to-soil-stack connection in the basement. Because of this, I’d like to cut the soil stack down as low as possible while also lowering the main line. I’ll then cover it with a bench or something. Question: Can I replace the...
  14. Radio Flyer

Just a quick follow-up. All the PEX for the baseboard heat was indeed oxygen-barrier. It was just two slightly different colors, and one type wasn't as shiny. As shown in the photos, the PEX is strapped directly to the floor trusses, which is COMPLETELY WRONG. This is the source of all the...
  15. Radio Flyer

Waste tee slipped off sink tailpiece

Thanks for the help with this. As a quick follow-up, it turns out this was my fault to begin with. In the basement, I had removed a wooden support under the PVC drain for the kitchen sink. This meant the sink tailpiece slip joint was holding up the entire waste line. No wonder the p-trap...
  16. Radio Flyer

Indirect Water Heater Can't Keep Up

Just to (finally) follow up, what looked like mineral scale on the coil turned out to be mostly just sand and grit. There was also a one-inch layer of sand on the bottom of the tank and some paper-like scale on the sides. I brushed off the coil and the sides of the tank and then inverted the...
  17. Radio Flyer

Working on this now. Here's the condition of the coil. I suppose it could be worse, but looks like a cleaning is an order. Some scale in the tank also, but not tons. I wonder whether cleaning will resolve the issue or not. Boiler is a direct vented Buderus G115WS/4. 98,000 BTUs gross and 85,000...
  18. Radio Flyer

I have a 13-year-old Vaughn S35TPP indirect water heater (see photo) heated by a Budrerus oil-fired boiler with a Grundfos recirc pump set on high speed. I have the water heater aquastat set to 145° with a 10° differential, and I have a mixing valve set to about 122°. People say an indirect...
  19. Radio Flyer

Waste tee slipped off sink tailpiece

Had a minor emergency when I started to drain a full kitchen sink. The waste tee slipped off of the sink tailpiece (see photo) and proceeded to flood the cabinet, floor, and basement. Maybe vibration from the garbage disposal contributed to loosing up the washer over time? There must be a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks