Search results

1. Sk_rva

ABS closet flange issue

I just tried new one and it wont work either. Looks like Im back to plan B, inserting spigot flange inside 3” pipe. It narrows it to 2.75” the walls of the flange are only an eighth inch each but itll be inserted 2.5” into 3” pipe. Itll sit fluch on finished floor I just worry about the narrower...
  2. Sk_rva

ABS closet flange issue

Thats an interesting idea. I think in my case the hub is too close to floor. But I already glued in a 2.5” stub into the hub. It has roughly 1.25” sticking out. I am thinking I can get a flange to fit over approximately 3/4”. Do you happen to know if 3/4” is generally enough for ABS to seal?
  3. Sk_rva

ABS closet flange issue

Actually it means it fits over a 3” pipe, or inside a 4” pipe. But My hub is inbetween those sizes since it takes 3” pipe. Since I cant find a longneck hub flange ive had to improvise. Im using a small pipe stub and a long neck spigot type flange that goes inside 3” pipe. The drawback seems to...
  4. Sk_rva

ABS closet flange issue

Yeah ur right dang it. I just realized that while at lowes buying the 3” pipe. I had already bought a longneck flange (9” long neck!) off ebay that fits inside 3” pipe, not realizing it doesnt work with a hub. So now my plan is to put a small piece of pipe, roughly 2.375”, into the hub so that...
  5. Sk_rva

ABS closet flange issue

Thanks, yeah its frustrating, I would have thought this would be a fairly common issue and therefore parts would be readily available. In VA, all the new stuff and changes are PVC, but 80s and 90s they used ABS. what do you think about my idea to use a small pipe stub into the hub and then a...
  6. Sk_rva

ABS closet flange issue

I need that exact item but with a 3.5” neck to go into a hub. The one above goes over a 3” or inside a 4”.
  7. Sk_rva

ABS closet flange issue

I had a leaky toilet in bathroom I gutted to remodel. Cut old broken ABS flange off 90 degree hub that it was directly connected to. Drain pipe is 3”. The flange was not on top of the finished tile like it should be. After cutting, the hub now sits 3/8 below subfloor. But since it was welded...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks