Search results

1. DavidDeBord

Venting Up and Down in Attic?

No Reach. I'm thinking that we have a failure to communicate.
  2. DavidDeBord

"If you were asking if the vent could switch to going down a bit " --- No Reach. "where it could be moved towards the peak of the roof," meaning as it rose towards the the roof, if it could could 45 over, or whatever degree it took, to maneuver towards the peak of the roof, so as to allow an...
  3. DavidDeBord

Are offsets allowed in the Vent stack, "above the flood rim" where it could be moved towards the peak of the roof, so as to allow the kitchen vent connection to have fall back towards the kitchen drain? Myself, I'd run the Kitchen on a separate vent stack, so as to cut down the Labor, Time, &...
  4. DavidDeBord

Furnace Help. Stumped

Plumber, can you provide the Md.# & Ser.#s? A Weak inducer fan, will not pull/push more air,... It will move less air. And, check Your Combustion air pipe for restrictions. "continuity flicks on off sometimes with vent on" <<< I'm not sure what you mean by that.
  5. DavidDeBord

Lennox Furnace Condensate Trap Leak - Need help

That Condensate trap is supposed to be "Serviceable" & not permanently glued. I'm not sure how old your furnace is, & how long of a warranty You were given, (5 Year/Ten Year?) but if it's still under Warranty, then Your HVAC Contractor should honor the Warranty & replace the trap/1/2" PVC...
  6. DavidDeBord

Furnace Help. Stumped

Wow! It's highly unusual for an HO to have & know how to use a Manometer -- I'm Impressed. What does the Manual/ Data sticker say that a Code 3 is? "If I take the black tube off top of pressure switch that goes to gas valve and burner box everything works" With the 24V wires still...
  7. DavidDeBord

Gas Furnace startup Noise (Video)

That's a multi speed blower motor (3?,4?), & it would be rare, for the blower to be outa balance just on low/medium speed for heat, & not make any noise during the higher speed for cooling. So I'm guessing, based only on the video, & your comments Mlang, that it is the Induced Draft Fan, which...
  8. DavidDeBord

Bad Coil? Green Discoloration On Coolant Lines

Greetings e2139, As long as the System has not lost it's charge, the "green color" on a coil will not hurt it. What you should have done on a yearly basis is have a HVAC Tech, "Clean & Tune" your system, which will involve pressure & leak checking, as well cleaning the Condenser & Evaporator...
  9. DavidDeBord

Venting Bathroom and Laundry Rooms - Unnecessary Vents?

Ya'll, I was speaking of the Finished diagram above. I was under the impression that the run for the toilet didn't require a vent.
  10. DavidDeBord

Venting Bathroom and Laundry Rooms - Unnecessary Vents?

Ok,... It's been ten days with no input,.... is there a source herein the group, with schematics?, notes?, Tips? related to this installation & my question?
  11. DavidDeBord

Toilet wet vented?

My Bad on the terminology Terry. Everything is on the 1st floor, & in the same group, being the Master Bathroom. The Toilet is on the Southern wall, & approximately 10' away on the North Wall is a two sink lav & Walk-in tub.
  12. DavidDeBord

Toilet wet vented?

Under the IPC, can a toilet be wet vented, when it is approximately 10' from a 3" Waste Vent Stack?
  13. DavidDeBord

10/3 without a ground for dryer outlet

Fitter,the 2020 NEC is not in effect here in Ohio, We are under the 2017, & if You notice, the article states that two states are still under the 2008 Code. The 2020 has not been Universally adopted by all of America.
  14. DavidDeBord

Adding C wire for Smart Thermostat

The Key word is "Settings", which is not the "Normal" Screen display. With the "C-wire" employed in the Stat, per that document: "If there is a C wire in your thermostat: Voc: 29 to 42V Vin: 29 to 42V Iin: 100 or 200 mA" Which is "Normal", again per the document...
  15. DavidDeBord

Where is the National Electrical Code® in effect? NEW! CodeFinder™: Insight you need on NFPA codes and standards. As of December 1, 2020, the 2020 NEC is in effect in six states, the 2017 NEC is in effect in twenty-nine states, the 2014 NEC is in effect in nine states and the 2008 NEC is in...
  16. DavidDeBord

2020 NEC is not the Current Code, & I've never heard of a Dryer being placed on a GFI. Not cleaning the lint trap enough, & allowing lint to pass thru the system, collecting on the elements/blower, would cause False Shutdowns.
  17. DavidDeBord

Well Jad, I appreciate the "to reflect the difference between current and voltage" tutorial, but,... I am a Mechanical Contractor, & have run my own business since 1983. For the HO to be continuously receiving a display of "200 milliamps" is again, Not Normal. That display should only show up...
  18. DavidDeBord

" 200ma is likely normal with the display on." Not so jadnashua,... Not for the HO.
  19. DavidDeBord

Switched Wiring

I've wired many a residential home, & where the HO would have a large diner/party, with every outlet being used,... Sure enough, Issues would come up, over having enough Power. I Installed four separate 2o Amp GFI circuits at the counter top for My Wife, fully knowing that she'd be including...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks