Search results

1. puyehue

PEX, iBox, sizing, advice

I've run PEX in a shop and a 1 bath cabin but want to double check for this project: I took the image below from a previous post that has the same basic idea, 3/4 flow through manifolds, with 1/2 home runs... 2" PVC underground - 1" copper out and under crawlspace - 3/4" to manifolds - 1/2" to...
  2. puyehue

Inspector discouraged AAV, which option works better?

Reach4 - thanks for asking. Wayne - good, that clears that up. Two slightly different paths. For me, I'll try to do the 45 - 45 from jack stud for simplicity, after confirming I'm under 42". 45 or long sweep going out, good. I appreciate the discussion. Sorry, I was a little slow on...
  3. puyehue

Hi Wayne. We have had the sink and DW for about 10 years. They were installed in our manufactured home, which we sold (driven to another location). So, we know they work together. Post 43: when you emerge from the rough framing, ~26" AFF, under sill framing, what fittings are you using to...
  4. puyehue

After re- reading 43, it's becoming clearer. I might draw it in, and send it to you, to confirm my understanding. Probably tomorrow. Thanks a lot.
  5. puyehue

Thanks Wayne! That helps.... best I can do below: Putting drain pipe into floor behind cabinet ok? Would have to angle over and up... Studs behind DW are non load bearing, so can notch, reducing distance. And I think DW is 21 1/4" deep. If 1 1/2, maybe run it along wall? Lastly, can I bring...
  6. puyehue

Ah, right.... I'll get some better dimensions. This just in: We can use a shallow cabinet for the 6" side, which would allow the drain to go in the floor, 45 over to wall for vent, reducing trap arm length a bit. let me sketch a drawing.
  7. puyehue

You guys are relentless.... it's great! Ok, here is the sink: https://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/086563_4.pdf We have the R - drain board on right side. There is a 6" cabinet, like that for cookie sheets, pizza stone, etc that goes between this sink, and wall. I'll hide the...
  8. puyehue

Great stuff. Points well taken. Thank you both.
  9. puyehue

Hi Terry, Thanks for your thoughts. Jeff pointed out that the island vent would need to come as high as the drain board of the sink. In this situation, the counter height is window height, and with recessed windows, there is some 5+ inches of wood below window, so the stud bay is only 30"...
  10. puyehue

Ok, thanks for that. Slip it is. All said, I'm coming in under 5 ft easy now, so no issues with distance. I will do the slope. Until the next puzzle.....
  11. puyehue

Jeff/ Wayne/ Reach4 After reading Wayne's last note, Reach4's sketch, and Jeff's encouragement, I have a solid plan. Speaking with the designer, there is a small ~6" cookie sheet cabinet at the 4x6 corner, where I can tuck the 45 from santee. And coming back out at the 4x4 will land right at the...
  12. puyehue

Reach4, I think you are correct (unfortunately) B101.2 General Requirements Combination waste and vent systems, as outlined in Section 910.0 of this code, cover the horizontal wet venting of a series of traps by means of a common waste and vent pipe. Pipe sizes not less than two pipe sizes...
  13. puyehue

That would be a cool and effective way, but it looks to me as if UPC wants that for below-the-floor stuff. ----------------------- I think I could pull that off. I have a lot of space below and joists are going the right direction, and I can drop into main 4" easy. Does anybody know if that...
  14. puyehue

Thanks for all of your thoughts! Here is a better photo of the right wall corner. There is a 4x6 to contend with there, but that should not be a problem in a normal situation. And, the sink drain will be about 42" from the wall, so the 2" @ 5 feet will work. But, Jeff mentioned you can't have...
  15. puyehue

Hi Jeff Thanks for going long here. I'll look at the trap arm from the side wall. I think that is what Reach4 was probably referring to. It also looks like a 1-1/2" could go 3' 6". I could vent up into rafters and out there. Also, I now have a good vision for the island sink - inside the...
  16. puyehue

https://fremont.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7197/ISLAND-SINK-VENTING Does this (link above, 2016 CPC) look good to you? I could fit it in one of the open stud bays under right window.... I suppose I could also instal it after cabinets? Which is most common?
  17. puyehue

See photo regarding windows... I think I do need to request by paper to the building official for the AAV. But, I agree with you that I have a good case. I'll look at the CA building code and see if I can find anything. Thanks for your replies!
  18. puyehue

Countertop will come up to window, 36" the 4x4 posts are bearing, 6x6 headed above those.
  19. puyehue

Thank you reach4 and jadnashua... The windows fill the whole wall. So, I think I'm better do a petition for the AAV from the county building official. And/or, I'll explore the island vent... maybe better to avoid paperwork.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks